Best cryptocurrency exchange New Zealand 2021
In recent years, the cryptocurrency industry has been developing at a rapid pace. Many chain startups are emerging, new crypto funds are being launched, the high volatility of the market attracts the attention of many traders and therefore the list of global crypto exchanges is regularly updated with more and more new platforms for trading digital assets.
Exchanges are becoming financial centers where most of the cryptocurrency money in circulation is concentrated and where there is active interaction between market participants. But how can you choose a trading platform from this variety that is suitable for you and will not become a disappointment in the future? A brief overview will help you figure out which exchange you should choose.
Coinbase Exchange was founded in 2012, is a centralized platform and enjoys a high level of reliability. The goal of Coinbase's creation was to prove to society that the future belongs to digital assets. The Coinbase platform is designed to function in an international format. To this end, the website has been translated into several foreign languages. The user interface is simple and direct, even for beginners.
Coinbase exchange is one of the safest places to buy, sell and store cryptocurrencies. Most of the funds of the exchange's users are stored offline. Those that are stored online are insured.
Coinbase customers can have only one personal account. Registration and account management are free of charge. Since Coinbase positions itself as the most reliable platform for cryptocurrencies, identity verification is carried out in compliance with all precautionary measures. Copies of documents sent by email are not possible. All documents are verified via the Coinbase website or the Coinbase application:
- 23 types of coins.
- The rates charged for all operations under $200 are as follows: $0.99 - $2.99 - for operations from $0 to $200; for over $200, a fixed interest rate comes into play. Its size depends on the payment method.
- Free mobile and online wallet. The advantage of this wallet is that transactions can be made off-blockchain.
- You can pay funds that can be deposited and withdrawn using a bank card, transfer and a range of payment systems. SEPA transfers are available for EU residents.
- Two-factor authentication. All website traffic is encrypted using the SSL cryptographic protocol.
- All wallets keys are protected by AES-256 encryption. Only 2% of her clients' cryptocurrency funds are stored online, and they are insured in case of loss.
- Android and iOS app.
Binance is a cryptocurrency exchange that was founded in 2017. The exchange has gained the trust of the crypto community mainly thanks to a strong team of developers who know their craft very well. In August 2017, one of the leading financiers and most influential people in the Chinese online economy, Yi Hee, joined the company. Currently, Binance regularly attracts new investors and sponsors to continuously develop and improve the platform.
Binance has the largest list of cryptocurrencies and is open to cooperation with new coins. Only the most promising cryptocurrencies are listed.
Fast registration can be attributed to a pleasant advantage of the company. The top priority of the company is the protection of its traders. The security of the account is represented by the two-factor authentication. This means that in order to log into the account, the user must enter not only a username and password, but also an individual key or code.
Besides the trading platform, Binance offers additional services that are of interest to many members of the community. You can learn more about them on the website. This website is rightly considered one of the best exchanges for cryptocurrencies:
- 740 different crypto and fiat pairs, including own token BNB.
- Binance offers competitive trading fees (commissions): 0.1% on each side of the trade, or 0.075% if you are using your Binance tokens (BNB).
- Trust Wallet mobile application.
- Bank transfer, debit/credit cards, various P2P payment channels.
- The exchange launched CryptoSafe Alliance (CSA). This initiative will bring together exchanges, blockchain protocols, cybersecurity experts, and regulatory compliance companies. It is the first comprehensive threat monitoring and protection tool in a decentralized data exchange environment.
- A free app is available in Google Play Store or the App Store.
Kraken is an international cryptocurrency exchange that is considered one of the largest resources in terms of trading volume, on par with the euro. The main goal of this website is to make digital currency accessible and useful for users all over the world.
In the beginning, the exchange offered a sparse selection of cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, and LTC) for trading. However, since 2017, when the cryptocurrency market experienced impressive growth, the exchange has grown in importance. The trading platform caters to both retail and institutional traders. A lot of time has been spent on adding margin, futures, and over-the-counter trading, as well as darkpool:
- 8 tokens are available for.
- Transactions under 50,000 units of a particular currency are subject to a commission of 0.16% for the seller and 0.26% for the buyer. For sums over 50,000 units, commissions are reduced to 0.14% and 0.24% respectively.
- No crypto wallet is offered on the site.
- Crypto wallets and money transfers via bank transfer. Deposit/withdrawal via bank cards is not available.
- The exchange offers users two-factor authentication, PGP encryption, and global settings lock, which prevents any account changes within a certain period of time.
- Kraken Pro and Kraken Futures applications.
Bittrex cryptocurrency exchange was founded in 2014 in Seattle, USA. This marketplace is one of the oldest on the Internet and has gained the trust of a large number of users around the world. Very often, Bittrex ranks among the top in terms of daily cryptocurrency trading volume. Experts consider Bittrex as one of the most reliable and best cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. And while younger competitors are splitting the market today, Bittrex confidently rejects them.
The Bittrex development team claims that security is the top priority. Bittrex uses a flexible, multi-tiered architecture to store funds, with 90% of funds stored in offline wallets in a secure location. The platform also has tools like two-factor authentication and other basic settings as standard. The Bittrex exchange has never been compromised by hackers in its entire history.
The Bittrex platform is designed to make deposits and withdrawals very fast. Once a transaction is created, you will immediately see the status in your personal account on the exchange. Users can watch the process of crediting and confirming the transaction in real time.
Another advantage is that Bittrex is configured in a way that makes cryptocurrency trading accessible to beginners and people with little trading knowledge:
- 250+ trading pairs are available.
- Topping up your euro account is available via SEPA credit transfer, international bank transfer, bank card. Fiat funds withdrawal is possible to a bank account using an international bank transfer, and for euros, a SEPA credit transfer is supported. The withdrawal commission depends on the chosen currency: in bitcoin, it is 0.0005 BTC, in Ethereum - 0.00600000 ETH. The site has a fixed trading fee of 0.25% of the total value of the order.
- No crypto wallet.
- Bank transfers, credit/debit cards.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA), IP check, which requires an email confirmation of entry from a new IP-address, IP whitelists, Cold storage for 80%-90% assets.
- There are two apps for Android and iOS respectively: Bittrex Global and Bittrex.
BitMEX was launched in early 2014 by HDR Global Trading, which is managed by experts with 40 years of experience in the financial industry and high-frequency algorithmic trading.
Bitmex is considered a platform for the most experienced market participants.
The BitMEX platform specializes in peer-to-peer P2P trading of cryptocurrency derivatives and has no direct competitors. All calculations within the website are performed in BTC. The asset tickers have the usual symbols, except for Bitcoin - its unique identifier XBT is on the exchange.
BitMEX allows you to trade both rising and falling prices. Users can open both long and short positions. In order not to get confused during calculations, BitMEX offers a handy calculator in the left corner of the terminal. By specifying the entry and exit point of the cryptocurrency, the calculator will calculate the profit or loss. A very useful tool.
Moreover, at BitMEX you can significantly increase your profits by using the margin tool, which allows you to trade not with your own Bitcoins, but with borrowed Bitcoins:
- 55 trading pairs.
- BitMEX does not charge any fees for deposits or withdrawals. When withdrawing BTC, a minimum Bitcoin Network commission is applied; commissions for takers are 0.075% of the total order value, while makers are paid an additional 0.025% for each trade.
- Crypto BitMEX wallet.
- Beyond virtual currencies, BitMEX does not accept any other deposits.
- Funds are stored in cold wallets; Two-factor authentication; Registration via SMS notifications; Multi-signature wallets for transactions; Email communications are encrypted using PGP encryption.
- BitMEX Mobile launched in September 2020.
Bitfinex is one of the largest exchanges for cryptocurrencies. Bitfinex was founded in 2012 and was one of the first professional platforms created in response to the huge interest in trading cryptocurrencies.
Hong Kong trading platform bitfinex.com is a platform for professionals. It impresses with a variety of trading tools, offers the possibility to create different types of orders, benefit from leverage and sponsor other traders.
You won't find any questionable coins here, there are only about 40 of the most popular and reputable coins on the exchange. Bitfinex is known among users for its reliability and security.
There are no demo accounts on the exchange. There is a "Demo" button on the main page. It allows you to familiarize yourself with the interface before registering, but you cannot make any trades. Bitfinex offers various and complex features, some of which have no analogues:
- Over 140 coins and 300 trading pairs.
- No additional payments for deposits and withdrawals in digital coins. When you deposit USD, you will have to pay a commission of 0.1%, but not less than $20;Minimum fee for withdrawing fiat money is $60; With the minimum currency turnover per month, the trading fee is 0.1% for the maker and 0.2% for the taker.
- Users are offered three wallets to choose from - Exchange Wallet, Margin Wallet, and Financing Wallet.
- In addition to digital currencies, bank transfers and card withdrawals are available to users.
- Only 0.5% of crypto assets are kept online to support daily transactions. The rest of the coins are kept in cold wallets out of the reach of hackers. For these wallets to become available, manual authorization of several members of the management team is required.
LocalBitcoins is a decentralized exchange that specializes in bringing together buyers and sellers of cryptocurrencies. A special feature of the exchange is the possibility to buy TCM offline. In this case, a selection of the most suitable offers for a trader is made according to territorial location.
When trading on such a website, it is very important to accept the fact that transactions are carried out directly, i.e. with the counterparty itself, and not on the basis of an exchange. For this reason, it is worth constantly checking one's profile to analyze and research positive customer reviews, the history of transactions made, information about the lifetime of the account and the number of traders who have put the account on the list of scammers or on the white list.
The advantages include a convenient and clear user interface that even a novice trader can understand, the ability to buy ECM against the national currency in 248 countries around the world, through the exchange you can find the most reliable and secure counterparty with whom you can work directly in the future:
- The service does not charge a commission from the buyer. For sellers, there is a set commission of 1% on each sale.
- Bank transfers, banking cards, electronic systems.
- The security of the transaction is ensured by the escrow method, which has proven to be highly effective; User accounts are protected by two-factor authentication.
Poloniex cryptocurrency exchange, founded in 2014 in the US, remains one of the most popular platforms among traders and investors. It is worth noting that Poloniex cryptocurrency exchange has a nice, smooth design, practical and intuitive interface that is perfect for both experienced traders and beginners. Apart from traditional spot trading, you can also find options (section) for margin trading and a section for those who want to lend their money at Poloniex.
According to the announcement of the new owners of the Poloniex exchange, they plan to work on scaling this business by adding new tokens to the list and integrating fiat currency support.
To work with Poloniex exchange, you used to have to register only. Now, in order to perform trading activities on this website, you absolutely have to go through an exchange verification process. According to the Poloniex team, this was done to fight exchange fraud and increase the transparency of the company's activities:
- 100+ currency pairs.
- All deposits are allowed without any additional charges; The withdrawal fee is fixed, and it depends on the type of the currency; commissions are from 0 to 0.25%. Maker commission is from 0% to 0.15%; taker commission is from 0.1% to 0.25%. The higher is the volume of completed transactions in one month, the lower is the commission for all subsequently completed transactions.
- Own Wallet.
- Replenishment of an account with a bank card or withdrawal to a card are not available for users of some countries.
- The administration highly recommends adding two-factor authentication to your account.
- Mobile application.
KuCoin was founded as a service provider on the cryptocurrency market in 2017. In recent years, this cryptocurrency exchange has become one of the most well-known and therefore popular exchanges. Although Kucoin is a relatively new project in the world of cryptocurrency exchanges, the team has already proven to be excellent and the exchange has been functioning smoothly since its launch.
This development has been facilitated by several factors, including reliable protection of customer accounts from hackers and the introduction of unique systems that make it possible to earn money with digital currencies.
For beginners, the cryptocurrency exchange has no bonus for registering an account and there is no demo account either, so you have to try trading with real money right away. Signing up with Kucoin exchange is as simple as it gets. It starts with entering your email address and choosing a password. After that, you will receive a confirmation email with further instructions:
- 200+ coins and 450+ trading pairs.
- All deposits are free on the site, and there is a fixed fee for withdrawals; KuCoin offers a flat commission of 0.10%, which is less than the industry average.
- Inner site crypto wallet.
- A variety of payment methods supported by P2P fiat services.
- The exchange offers you the option to set up two-factor authentication by Google Authenticator.
- Mobile application .
Bitpanda is a digital money investment service founded in 2014 by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Bitpanda is registered in Austria and has its headquarters in Vienna. In short, it is a cryptocurrency exchange that specializes in buying and selling Bitcoins and other altcoins in the Eurozone.
The trade is mainly focused on the residents of the EU countries. For example, traders from the United States of America will not be able to open an account, go through verification and use the services of the service.
The exchange is completely open and does not withhold any information about the license or the team, which is why many people trust it. More than a million people visit the official website of the exchange every day. Moreover, the service has a simple and fast registration and an absolutely convenient and intuitive interface:
- Bitcoin, Ethereum and 30+ digital assets.
- The trading commission of the service depends on the type of currency and the nature of the transaction. When buying bitcoins, you pay 1.49%, when selling - 1.29%.
- Commission for replenishment and withdrawal is fixed for each coin and is debited from the account.
- Bitpanda crypto wallet.
- You can make a deposit either by bank transfer, credit cards or electronic payment systems.
- Bitpanda refers to systems that independently manage user wallet keys. Besides, the following security measures are offered: fund cold storage session control. Every login attempt from a new device requires two-factor authentication confirmation, authentication and validation via email.
Coinmama was founded in 2013 and has long been a top choice for consumers who want to buy cryptocurrencies with a credit/debit card. The company was the first to offer this payment method and quickly became one of the leaders in this segment. The website is accessible to almost everyone and serves 226 countries and most states in the US.
Coinmama offers a service that is one of the most user-friendly. For customers who want to quickly buy Bitcoin or Ethereum with a credit/debit card and don't need to wait a few days for a bank transfer, this site is a good choice. Another important advantage is that your currency is not stored on the site, but transferred to your wallet immediately.
Customers do not complain about the work of the exchange. Most praise the simplicity, accessibility and functionality of the resource:
- The website sells Bitcoin, Ethereum. Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Qtum, Ripple, Ethereum Classic, Cardano, Tezos and EOS.
- The use of credit or debit cards implies a service charge of 5%. Besides, the charges 3.90% for buying coins and 0.9% for selling these.
- No Wallet.
- Credit/debit cards and bank transfers; It supports SEPA and SWIFT payments.
- Coinmama is a reputable company with a secure site using Trust Guard and Comodo technologies. Both services have confirmed that 256-bit SSL encryption is actively used on pages containing personal information.
- Mobile app.
As the demand for Bitcoins and other virtual currencies is constantly increasing, there are more and more platforms for buying/selling cryptocurrencies. The market is trying to streamline and simplify this process, so most new services offer practical peer-to-peer services. In this approach, transactions are carried out directly between users and the website acts as an intermediary that regulates the process. Paxful is one of these platforms. The owners have made an effort to offer the most transparent and convenient service.
The exchange was founded in the USA in 2015. Ambitious developers Arthur Shabak and Ray Yousef decided to create a peer-to-peer marketplace that would allow sellers and buyers to connect directly with each other.
Paxful has a very responsive technical support that can be contacted via email or phone. In addition, an online chat is available on the website for quick communication. The website has no restrictions on the location of the users. Buyers and sellers from all over the world can register and use Paxful's services:
- Bitcoin and Tether as assets.
- Commissions are applied for crypto selling:0.5% for bank transfers; 1% for bank cards and e-payments; 3-5% for gift cards; No commission is charged for buying cybercurrencies; Paxful will charge a transfer fee for sending funds to an external wallet. $0 - $9.99 = 0.0001 BTC$ 10 - $19.99 = 0.0002 BTC;More than $20 = 0.0005 BTC.
- The Paxful Wallet App makes it easy to store and manage coins with your mobile wallet.
- More than 300 ways to buy coins, including bank transfer, credit and debit cards, PayPal, Western Union, and even Amazon, iTunes or Steam gift cards.
- The security of the system is ensured by two-factor authentication, depositing and the obligatory verification procedure when working with large amounts.
- Paxful Wallet for Android and iOS.
HitBTC is one of the best exchanges for cryptocurrencies when it comes to daily trading volume. And while liquidity is a very important indicator for a trading platform, it is far from being the only advantage of this platform.
The trading interface of the HitBTC market is not fundamentally different from other markets. If you have worked with other sites, everything will be intuitively clear. However, it should be mentioned that all the blocks of the trading window are very functional and thought out to the smallest detail. Moreover, you can independently adjust the positions of all blocks on the screen according to your needs.
The registration process is as simple as it gets, literally a minute or less from the first visit to the website to the start of the auction. There is verification on HitBTC, but it is optional. As stated in your personal account, the exchange management recommends that you go through the KYC process if you intend to trade or withdraw large amounts of cryptocurrencies.
Another feature that sets HitBTC apart from other popular exchanges is the range of cryptocurrencies supported by the site. Currently, the exchange offers the possibility to trade over 200 tokens and cryptocurrencies. There are coins on the exchange that are not available on other higher-level platforms. This makes the platform unique and provides additional liquidity to traders.
The entire list of cryptocurrencies is traded in pairs with BTC, ETH, USDT, DAI, EOS, TUSD, EURS. And although there is no way to deposit or withdraw fiat money on HitBTC, there are several stablecoins on the platform:
- 800 currency pairs.
- No commissions for deposits and a fixed commission for withdrawals depending on the coin; HitBTC uses a multi-level trading fee calculation system. The more a user trades, the lower his commission will be.
- No crypto wallet.
- The HitBTC exchange can be replenished exclusively with digital currency.
- The platform provides 2-factor authentication, high-end encryption technology and cold storage of funds.
- No application.
Remember! Exchanges are systems that evolve dynamically. Therefore, the list of services and their conditions may change regularly.