Best cryptocurrency exchanges New Zealand 2021
The crypto industry has been growing rapidly in recent years. Many blocks are emerging, new cryptocurrency funds are being launched, the high market volatility is attracting the attention of many traders, and as a result, the list of global cryptocurrency exchanges is regularly updated with new trading venues for digital assets.
Exchanges are becoming financial centers where most of the cryptocurrency funds in circulation are concentrated and where there is a lot of interaction between market participants. But out of all this variety, how do you choose a trading platform that is right for you and won't be a disappointment in the future? This brief overview should help you decide which exchange to choose.
Founded in 2012, Coinbase is a centralized platform with a high degree of reliability. Coinbase's goal was to prove to society that the future belongs to digital equity. The Coinbase platform has an international orientation. To this end, the website is translated into several foreign languages. The interface is simple and straightforward, even for beginners.
Coinbase is one of the safest places to buy, sell and store cryptocurrencies. Most of the exchange users' funds are stored offline. And those stored online are insured.
Coinbase customers can only have one personal account. Account registration and maintenance are free of charge. Because Coinbase is positioning itself as the most secure cryptocurrency platform, identity verification is done with every precaution. It is not about copies of documents sent via email. All documents are verified through the Coinbase website or app:
- 23 types of coins.
- The rates charged for all operations under $200 are as follows: $0.99 - $2.99 - for operations from $0 to $200; for over $200, a fixed interest rate comes into play. Its size depends on the payment method.
- Free mobile and online wallet. The advantage of this wallet is that transactions can be made off-blockchain.
- You can pay funds that can be deposited and withdrawn using a bank card, transfer and a range of payment systems. SEPA transfers are available for EU residents.
- Two-factor authentication. All website traffic is encrypted using the SSL cryptographic protocol.
- All wallets keys are protected by AES-256 encryption. Only 2% of her clients' cryptocurrency funds are stored online, and they are insured in case of loss.
- Android and iOS app.
Binance is a cryptocurrency exchange founded in 2017. The exchange has gained the trust of the cryptocurrency community, mainly due to its strong development team, which knows its business very well. In August 2017, one of the leading financiers and most influential people in China's online economy, Yi Hee, joined the company. Binance now regularly attracts new investors and sponsors to continuously develop and improve the platform.
Binance has the widest list of cryptocurrencies and is open to collaborating with new coins. Only the most promising cryptocurrencies are listed.
The fast registration can be attributed to a nice advantage of the company. The company's top priority is to protect its merchants. Account security is represented by two-factor authentication. This means that to log into the account, the user will have to enter not only a username and password, but also an individual key or code.
In addition to the trading platform, Binance offers additional services that will be of interest to many community members. You can learn more about them on the website. The site is widely regarded as one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges:
- 740 different crypto and fiat pairs, including own token BNB.
- Binance offers competitive trading fees (commissions): 0.1% on each side of the trade, or 0.075% if you are using your Binance tokens (BNB).
- Trust Wallet mobile application.
- Bank transfer, debit/credit cards, various P2P payment channels.
- The exchange launched CryptoSafe Alliance (CSA). This initiative will bring together exchanges, blockchain protocols, cybersecurity experts, and regulatory compliance companies. It is the first comprehensive threat monitoring and protection tool in a decentralized data exchange environment.
- A free app is available in Google Play Store or the App Store.
Kraken is an international cryptocurrency exchange that is considered one of the largest resources in terms of trading volume on par with the euro. The main goal of this site is to make digital currency accessible and useful to users around the world.
In the beginning, the exchange offered a sparse selection of cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, and LTC) for trading. However, since 2017, when the cryptocurrency market showed impressive growth. The trading platform is designed for both retail and institutional investors. Much time has been spent on adding margin, futures and OTC trading, as well as darkpooling:
- 8 tokens are available.
- Transactions under 50,000 units of a particular currency are subject to a commission of 0.16% for the seller and 0.26% for the buyer. For sums over 50,000 units, commissions are reduced to 0.14% and 0.24% respectively.
- No crypto wallet is offered on the site.
- Crypto wallets and money transfers via bank transfer. Deposit/withdrawal via bank cards is not available.
- The exchange offers users two-factor authentication, PGP encryption, and global settings lock, which prevents any account changes within a certain period of time.
- Kraken Pro and Kraken Futures applications.
The cryptocurrency exchange Bittrex was founded in 2014 in Seattle in the United States. It is one of the oldest exchanges on the Internet and has gained the trust of a large number of users around the world. Very often, Bittrex is among the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in terms of daily trading volume. Experts call Bittrex one of the most reliable and best cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. And while younger competitors are sharing the market today, Bittrex is pushing them back.
The Bittrex development team states that security is their top priority. Bittrex uses a flexible layered architecture to store funds. 90% of the funds are stored in offline wallets in a secure location. The platform also has tools such as two-factor authentication and other basic default settings. Throughout its history, the Bittrex exchange has never been attacked by hackers.
The Bittrex platform is designed in such a way that deposits and withdrawals are very fast. Once you create a transaction, you will immediately see its status in your personal account on the exchange. Users can monitor the lending process and confirm the transaction in real time.
Another advantage is that Bittrex is set up in a way that gives access to cryptocurrency trading even for beginners and people with little trading knowledge:
- 250+ trading pairs are available.
- Topping up your euro account is available via SEPA credit transfer, international bank transfer, bank card. Fiat funds withdrawal is possible to a bank account using an international bank transfer, and for euros, a SEPA credit transfer is supported. The withdrawal commission depends on the chosen currency: in bitcoin, it is 0.0005 BTC, in Ethereum - 0.00600000 ETH. The site has a fixed trading fee of 0.25% of the total value of the order.
- No crypto wallet.
- Bank transfers, credit/debit cards.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA), IP check, which requires an email confirmation of entry from a new IP-address, IP whitelists, Cold storage for 80%-90% assets.
- There are two apps for Android and iOS respectively: Bittrex Global and Bittrex.
BitMEX was launched in early 2014 by HDR Global Trading, led by experts with 40 years of experience in high frequency finance and algorithmic trading.
Bitmex is considered a platform for the most experienced market players.
BitMEX specializes in P2P trading of cryptocurrency derivatives and has no direct competitors. All settlements within the site are done in BTC. Asset tokens have the usual symbols, except for bitcoin - its unique identifier XBT is found on the exchange.
BitMEX allows you to trade both up and down. Users can open both long and short positions. To keep you from getting the calculation wrong, BitMEX provides a handy calculator in the left corner of the terminal. By specifying an entry and exit point for the cryptocurrency, the calculator calculates the profit or loss. A very useful tool.
In addition, at BitMEX you can significantly increase your earnings by using the margin trading tool, which allows you to trade with borrowed bitcoins instead of your own bitcoins:
- 55 trading pairs.
- BitMEX does not charge any fees for deposits or withdrawals. When withdrawing BTC, a minimum Bitcoin Network commission is applied; commissions for takers are 0.075% of the total order value, while makers are paid an additional 0.025% for each trade.
- Crypto BitMEX wallet.
- Beyond virtual currencies, BitMEX does not accept any other deposits.
- Funds are stored in cold wallets; Two-factor authentication; Registration via SMS notifications; Multi-signature wallets for transactions; Email communications are encrypted using PGP encryption.
- BitMEX Mobile launched in September 2020.
Bitfinex is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges. Founded in 2012, Bitfinex was one of the first professional platforms created in response to the great interest in cryptocurrency trading.
The Hong Kong exchange site bitfinex.com positions itself as a platform for professionals. It impresses with a variety of trading instruments, offers the possibility to create various types of orders, as well as to use leverage and sponsor other traders.
You will not find any dubious currencies here, there are only about 40 of the most popular and reputable currencies on the exchange. Bitfinex is known among users for its reliability and security.
There are no demo accounts on the exchange. There is a demo button on the home page. It allows you to familiarize yourself with the interface before registering, but it does not allow you to perform any trades. Bitfinex offers diverse and sophisticated functionality, some of which is unmatched:
- Over 140 coins and 300 trading pairs.
- No additional payments for deposits and withdrawals in digital coins. When you deposit USD, you will have to pay a commission of 0.1%, but not less than $20;Minimum fee for withdrawing fiat money is $60; With the minimum currency turnover per month, the trading fee is 0.1% for the maker and 0.2% for the taker.
- Users are offered three wallets to choose from - Exchange Wallet, Margin Wallet, and Financing Wallet.
- In addition to digital currencies, bank transfers and card withdrawals are available to users.
- Only 0.5% of crypto assets are kept online to support daily transactions. The rest of the coins are kept in cold wallets out of the reach of hackers. For these wallets to become available, manual authorization of several members of the management team is required.
LocalBitcoins is a decentralized exchange that specializes in bringing together those who sell and those who buy cryptocurrencies. A distinctive feature of the exchange is the ability to buy TCMs offline. In this case, it selects the most suitable offers for the merchant by territorial location.
When trading on this site, it is very important to accept the fact that transactions are made directly, that is, with the counterparty itself, rather than on an exchange basis. That is why it is worth constantly reviewing your profile to analyze and look for positive customer feedback, history of transactions made, information about the life of the account, the number of traders that have added it to the fraud list or, conversely, to the white list.
The advantages include a user-friendly interface that even a novice trader can understand, the possibility to buy ERM with national currency in 248 countries, and the possibility to find the most reliable and secure counterparty with which you can cooperate directly in the future:
- The service does not charge a commission from the buyer. For sellers, there is a set commission of 1% on each sale.
- Bank transfers, banking cards, electronic systems.
- The security of the transaction is ensured by the escrow method, which has proven to be highly effective; User accounts are protected by two-factor authentication.
The cryptocurrency exchange Poloniex, which was founded in 2014 in the United States, remains one of the most popular platforms among traders and investors. It should be noted that the Poloniex cryptocurrency exchange has a wonderfully fluid design with a friendly and intuitive interface, ideal for both experienced and novice traders. In addition to traditional spot trading, at Poloniex you will find options (section) for margin trading, as well as a section for those who wish to lend their funds.
According to the new owners of the Poloniex exchange, they plan to work to scale this business by adding new tokens to the listing and integrating support for fiat currencies.
Previously, all you had to do to work with the Poloniex exchange was to register. Now, in order to trade on this site, you must be verified by the exchange. According to the Poloniex team, this was done to combat exchange fraud and make the company more transparent:
- 100+ currency pairs.
- All deposits are allowed without any additional charges; The withdrawal fee is fixed, and it depends on the type of the currency; commissions are from 0 to 0.25%. Maker commission is from 0% to 0.15%; taker commission is from 0.1% to 0.25%. The higher is the volume of completed transactions in one month, the lower is the commission for all subsequently completed transactions.
- Own Wallet.
- Replenishment of an account with a bank card or withdrawal to a card are not available for users of some countries.
- The administration highly recommends adding two-factor authentication to your account.
- Mobile application.
KuCoin was formed as a service provider in the cryptocurrency market in 2017. In recent years, this cryptocurrency exchange has become one of the most well-known and therefore most popular exchanges. Although KuCoin is a relatively new project in the world of cryptocurrency exchanges, its team is already well established, and the exchange has run smoothly since its launch.
Several factors have contributed to this, not the least of which is the robust protection of customer accounts against hackers and the introduction of unique digital currency earning systems.
For newcomers, the crypto exchange has no sign-up bonus or demo account, so you will have to try trading for real money right away. Registration on the Kucoin exchange is very easy. It all starts by entering your email address and choosing a password. You will then receive a confirmation email with further instructions:
- 200+ coins and 450+ trading pairs.
- All deposits are free on the site, and there is a fixed fee for withdrawals; KuCoin offers a flat commission of 0.10%, which is less than the industry average.
- Inner site crypto wallet.
- A variety of payment methods supported by P2P fiat services.
- The exchange offers you the option to set up two-factor authentication by Google Authenticator.
- Mobile application .
Bitpanda is a digital currency investment service launched in 2014 by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanscheck and Christian Trummer. Bitpanda is registered in Austria and is based in Vienna. In short, it is a cryptocurrency exchange that specializes in buying and selling bitcoins and other altcoins in the eurozone.
The exchange is primarily aimed at EU residents. For example, traders from the United States of America will not be able to open an account, check passes and use the service.
The exchange is completely open and does not hide information about its license and staff, so many people trust it. More than a million people visit the exchange's official website every day. In addition, the service has a simple and fast registration and an absolutely user-friendly and intuitive interface:
- Bitcoin, Ethereum and 30+ digital assets.
- The trading commission of the service depends on the type of currency and the nature of the transaction. When buying bitcoins, you pay 1.49%, when selling - 1.29%.
- Commission for replenishment and withdrawal is fixed for each coin and is debited from the account.
- Bitpanda crypto wallet.
- You can make a deposit either by bank transfer, credit cards or electronic payment systems.
- Bitpanda refers to systems that independently manage user wallet keys. Besides, the following security measures are offered: fund cold storage session control. Every login attempt from a new device requires two-factor authentication confirmation, authentication and validation via email.
Founded in 2013, Coinmama is the long-time choice of consumers looking to buy cryptocurrencies with a credit/debit card. The company was the first to offer this payment method and has quickly become one of the leaders in this segment. The site is accessible to almost everyone, serving 226 countries and most US states.
Coinmama offers a service that is one of the easiest to use. For customers who want to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum quickly with a credit/debit card and do not need to wait several days for a bank transfer to complete, this site is a good choice. Another important advantage: your currency is not stored on the site, but is transferred immediately to your wallet.
There are no complaints about the operation of the exchanger among customers. Most comment on the simplicity, accessibility, and functionality of the feature:
- The website sells Bitcoin, Ethereum. Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Qtum, Ripple, Ethereum Classic, Cardano, Tezos and EOS.
- The use of credit or debit cards implies a service charge of 5%. Besides, the charges 3.90% for buying coins and 0.9% for selling these.
- No Wallet.
- Credit/debit cards and bank transfers; It supports SEPA and SWIFT payments.
- Coinmama is a reputable company with a secure site using Trust Guard and Comodo technologies. Both services have confirmed that 256-bit SSL encryption is actively used on pages containing personal information.
- Mobile app.
As the demand for bitcoins and other virtual currencies continues to grow, more and more cryptocurrency buying/selling platforms are emerging. As the market seeks to streamline and simplify the process, most of the new services offer convenient peer-to-peer services. In this approach, transactions are made directly between users, with the website acting as an intermediary to regulate the process. Paxful is one such platform. The owners have taken care to offer the most transparent and convenient service possible.
The exchange was founded in 2015 in the United States. Ambitious creators Arthur Shabak and Ray Yousef decided to create a peer-to-peer marketplace that would allow buyers and sellers to communicate directly with each other.
Paxful has a very responsive technical support, which can be contacted by e-mail or telephone. The site also has an online chat room for quick communication. The site has no restrictions on the location of users. Buyers and sellers from all over the world can register and use Paxful's services:
- Bitcoin and Tether as assets.
- Commissions are applied for crypto selling:0.5% for bank transfers; 1% for bank cards and e-payments; 3-5% for gift cards; No commission is charged for buying cybercurrencies; Paxful will charge a transfer fee for sending funds to an external wallet. $0 - $9.99 = 0.0001 BTC$ 10 - $19.99 = 0.0002 BTC;More than $20 = 0.0005 BTC.
- The Paxful Wallet App makes it easy to store and manage coins with your mobile wallet.
- More than 300 ways to buy coins, including bank transfer, credit and debit cards, PayPal, Western Union, and even Amazon, iTunes or Steam gift cards.
- The security of the system is ensured by two-factor authentication, depositing and the obligatory verification procedure when working with large amounts.
- Paxful Wallet for Android and iOS.
HitBTC is firmly among the leading cryptocurrency exchanges in terms of daily trading volume. And while liquidity is a very important metric for the trading platform, it is by no means its only advantage.
HitBTC's trading interface is not fundamentally different from any other exchange. If you have worked with other sites, everything will be intuitive. However, it must be said that all blocks in the trading window are very functional and well thought out down to the smallest detail. In addition, you can adjust the position of all blocks on the screen according to your needs.
The registration process is as simple as possible, literally a minute or less separates you from your first visit to the site to the start of the auction. There is a verification at HitBTC, but it is optional. As stated in your personal account, the exchange management recommends that you go through the KYC procedure if you are going to trade in large scale or withdraw large amounts of cryptocurrencies.
Another feature that sets HitBTC apart from other popular exchanges is the variety of cryptocurrencies it supports. Today, the exchange offers the possibility to trade more than 200 tokens and cryptocurrencies. There are coins on the exchange that are not available on other leading platforms. This makes the platform unique and provides traders with additional liquidity.
The full list of cryptocurrencies is traded in pairs with BTC, ETH, USDT, DAI, EOS, TUSD, EURS. And although HitBTC does not allow you to deposit or withdraw fiat money, there are several fiat currencies on the platform:
- 800 currency pairs.
- No commissions for deposits and a fixed commission for withdrawals depending on the coin; HitBTC uses a multi-level trading fee calculation system. The more a user trades, the lower his commission will be.
- No crypto wallet.
- The HitBTC exchange can be replenished exclusively with digital currency.
- The platform provides 2-factor authentication, high-end encryption technology and cold storage of funds.
- No application.
Remember! Exchanges are dynamic systems, so services and terms and conditions may change regularly.