Cryptocurrency platforms New Zealand 2021
In recent years, the cryptocurrency industry has been growing at a rapid pace. Many blockchain startups are emerging, new cryptocurrency funds are being launched, the high volatility of the market is attracting the attention of many traders, and as a result, the list of global cryptocurrency exchanges is being regularly supplemented by more and more trading platforms for digital assets.
Exchanges are becoming financial centers where the majority of cryptocurrency funds in circulation are concentrated and where active interaction between market participants takes place. But from all this variety, how can you choose a trading platform that is right for you and that will not become a source of disappointment in the future? A brief overview should help you in your choice of an exchange.
The Coinbase exchange, founded in 2012, is a centralized platform and has a high degree of reliability. The purpose of the creation of Coinbase was to try to prove to the public that the future belongs to digital assets. The Coinbase platform is aimed at working in an international format. To this end, the website has been translated into several foreign languages. The interface is simple and straightforward, even for beginners.
The Coinbase exchange is one of the safest places to buy, sell and store cryptocurrencies. Most of the money of the exchange's users is stored offline. And those stored online are insured.
Coinbase customers can only have one personal account. Registration and maintenance of the account are free. Since the Coinbase exchange positions itself as the most reliable platform for cryptocurrency, identity verification is performed with all necessary precautions. No copies of documents sent by email can be made. All documents are verified via Coinbase's website or app:
- 23 types of coins.
- The rates charged for all operations under $200 are as follows: $0.99 - $2.99 - for operations from $0 to $200; for over $200, a fixed interest rate comes into play. Its size depends on the payment method.
- Free mobile and online wallet. The advantage of this wallet is that transactions can be made off-blockchain.
- You can pay funds that can be deposited and withdrawn using a bank card, transfer and a range of payment systems. SEPA transfers are available for EU residents.
- Two-factor authentication. All website traffic is encrypted using the SSL cryptographic protocol.
- All wallets keys are protected by AES-256 encryption. Only 2% of her clients' cryptocurrency funds are stored online, and they are insured in case of loss.
- Android and iOS app.
Binance is a cryptocurrency exchange founded in 2017. The exchange has gained the trust of the cryptocurrency community, mainly thanks to its strong team of developers, who are proficient in their craft. In August 2017, one of the most important financiers and influential people in China's online economy, Yi Hee, joined the company. Today, Binance regularly attracts new investors and lenders for the continuous development and improvement of the platform.
Binance has the widest list of cryptocurrencies and is open to collaborating with new coins. The list includes only the most promising cryptocurrencies.
The quick registration can be attributed to a pleasant advantage of the company. The main priority of the company is the protection of its merchants. The security of the account is represented by two-factor authentication. This means that in order to log into the account, the user must provide not only a username and password, but also an individual key or code.
In addition to its trading platform, Binance offers additional services that will interest many members of the community. You can learn more about them on the website. This website is rightly considered one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges:
- 740 different crypto and fiat pairs, including own token BNB.
- Binance offers competitive trading fees (commissions): 0.1% on each side of the trade, or 0.075% if you are using your Binance tokens (BNB).
- Trust Wallet mobile application.
- Bank transfer, debit/credit cards, various P2P payment channels.
- The exchange launched CryptoSafe Alliance (CSA). This initiative will bring together exchanges, blockchain protocols, cybersecurity experts, and regulatory compliance companies. It is the first comprehensive threat monitoring and protection tool in a decentralized data exchange environment.
- A free app is available in Google Play Store or the App Store.
Kraken is an international cryptocurrency exchange, considered one of the largest sources in terms of trading volume, on par with the euro. The main goal of this site is to make digital currencies accessible and useful for users around the world.
Initially, the exchange offered a modest selection of cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH and LTC) to trade. However, since 2017, the cryptocurrency market has shown impressive growth. The trading platform is aimed at both retail and institutional investors. A lot of time has been spent adding margin, futures and OTC trading, as well as darkpool:
- 8 tokens are available.
- Transactions under 50,000 units of a particular currency are subject to a commission of 0.16% for the seller and 0.26% for the buyer. For sums over 50,000 units, commissions are reduced to 0.14% and 0.24% respectively.
- No crypto wallet is offered on the site.
- Crypto wallets and money transfers via bank transfer. Deposit/withdrawal via bank cards is not available.
- The exchange offers users two-factor authentication, PGP encryption, and global settings lock, which prevents any account changes within a certain period of time.
- Kraken Pro and Kraken Futures applications.
Bittrex cryptocurrency exchange was founded in 2014 in Seattle, USA. This marketplace is one of the oldest on the Internet and has earned the trust of a large number of users around the world. Very often, Bittrex comes in the top positions of the cryptocurrency exchanges, in terms of daily trading volume. Experts call Bittrex one of the most reliable and best cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. And while younger competitors are dividing the market today, Bittrex is likely pushing them away.
The Bittrex development team states that security is their top priority. Bittrex uses a flexible, multi-tiered architecture to store funds. 90% of the funds are stored in offline portfolios in a secure location. The platform also has tools like two-factor authentication and other basic default settings. In its entire history, the Bittrex exchange has never been cracked by hackers.
The Bittrex platform is designed so that deposits and withdrawals are very fast. Once a transaction is created, you can immediately see its status on your personal account on the exchange. Users can follow the credit process and confirm the transaction in real time.
Another advantage is that Bittrex is set up in such a way that it allows even beginners and people with little knowledge of trading cryptocurrencies to access the trade:
- 250+ trading pairs are available.
- Topping up your euro account is available via SEPA credit transfer, international bank transfer, bank card. Fiat funds withdrawal is possible to a bank account using an international bank transfer, and for euros, a SEPA credit transfer is supported. The withdrawal commission depends on the chosen currency: in bitcoin, it is 0.0005 BTC, in Ethereum - 0.00600000 ETH. The site has a fixed trading fee of 0.25% of the total value of the order.
- No crypto wallet.
- Bank transfers, credit/debit cards.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA), IP check, which requires an email confirmation of entry from a new IP-address, IP whitelists, Cold storage for 80%-90% assets.
- There are two apps for Android and iOS respectively: Bittrex Global and Bittrex.
BitMEX was launched in early 2014 by HDR Global Trading, led by experts with 40 years of experience in high frequency finance and algorithmic trading.
Bitmex is considered a platform for more experienced players in the market.
The BitMEX platform specializes in peer-to-peer P2P trading of cryptocurrency derivatives and has no direct competitors. All calculations within the site are performed in BTC. Assets have the usual symbols, except for bitcoin - its unique identifier XBT can be found on the exchange.
BitMEX allows you to trade both up and down. Users can open both long and short positions. To avoid mistakes in calculations, BitMEX provides a handy calculator in the left corner of the terminal. By indicating the entry and exit point for the cryptocurrency, the calculator calculates the profit or loss. A very useful tool.
In addition, on BitMEX you can significantly increase your profits by using margin trading, which allows you to make transactions not with your own bitcoins, but with borrowed bitcoins:
- 55 trading pairs.
- BitMEX does not charge any fees for deposits or withdrawals. When withdrawing BTC, a minimum Bitcoin Network commission is applied; commissions for takers are 0.075% of the total order value, while makers are paid an additional 0.025% for each trade.
- Crypto BitMEX wallet.
- Beyond virtual currencies, BitMEX does not accept any other deposits.
- Funds are stored in cold wallets; Two-factor authentication; Registration via SMS notifications; Multi-signature wallets for transactions; Email communications are encrypted using PGP encryption.
- BitMEX Mobile launched in September 2020.
Bitfinex is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges. Founded in 2012, Bitfinex was one of the first professional platforms to be established in response to the huge interest in cryptocurrency trading.
The Hong Kong-based bitfinex.com exchange website positions itself as a platform for professionals. It impresses with a variety of trading tools, gives the opportunity to make many types of orders, as well as leverage and sponsor other traders.
Here you will not find suspicious coins, there are only about 40 most popular and reputable coins on the exchange. Bitfinex is known by users for its reliability and security.
There are no demo accounts on the exchange. There is a "Demo" button on the home page. This allows you to familiarize yourself with the interface before registering, but it does not allow you to perform any operations. Bitfinex offers diverse and complex features, some of which have no counterparts:
- Over 140 coins and 300 trading pairs.
- No additional payments for deposits and withdrawals in digital coins. When you deposit USD, you will have to pay a commission of 0.1%, but not less than $20;Minimum fee for withdrawing fiat money is $60; With the minimum currency turnover per month, the trading fee is 0.1% for the maker and 0.2% for the taker.
- Users are offered three wallets to choose from - Exchange Wallet, Margin Wallet, and Financing Wallet.
- In addition to digital currencies, bank transfers and card withdrawals are available to users.
- Only 0.5% of crypto assets are kept online to support daily transactions. The rest of the coins are kept in cold wallets out of the reach of hackers. For these wallets to become available, manual authorization of several members of the management team is required.
LocalBitcoins is a decentralized exchange that specializes in connecting those who sell cryptocurrencies and those who buy them. One feature of the exchange is the ability to buy TCM offline. In this case, a selection is made of the offers most suitable for the trader, according to his territorial location.
When trading based on this site, it is very important to accept that the transactions are carried out directly, i.e. with the counterparty itself, and not on an exchange basis. Therefore, it is advisable to constantly review your profile to analyze and look for positive customer reviews, the history of transactions made, information about the life of the account, the number of traders who have added them to the list of scammers or, on the contrary, to the white list.
The advantages are a convenient and clear interface that even a novice trader can understand, the ability to buy ERM at the expense of the national currency in 248 countries of the world, thanks to the exchange you can find the most reliable and secure counterparty with whom you can work directly in the future:
- The service does not charge a commission from the buyer. For sellers, there is a set commission of 1% on each sale.
- Bank transfers, banking cards, electronic systems.
- The security of the transaction is ensured by the escrow method, which has proven to be highly effective; User accounts are protected by two-factor authentication.
Poloniex cryptocurrency exchange, which was founded in the United States in 2014, is still one of the most popular platforms among traders and investors. It should be noted that the Poloniex cryptocurrency exchange has a nice smooth design, a comfortable and intuitive interface that is ideal for both experienced and novice traders. In addition to the traditional spot exchange, on Poloniex you will find options (section) for margin trading, and a section for those who want to borrow their funds.
According to the new owners of the Poloniex exchange, they plan to work on scaling this business by adding new tokens to the listing and integrating support for fiat currencies.
Previously, to work with the Poloniex exchange, you only needed to register. Now, in order to trade on the site, you must necessarily pass the verification of the exchange. According to the Poloniex team, this was done to prevent fraud on the exchange and to increase the transparency of the company's activities:
- 100+ currency pairs.
- All deposits are allowed without any additional charges; The withdrawal fee is fixed, and it depends on the type of the currency; commissions are from 0 to 0.25%. Maker commission is from 0% to 0.15%; taker commission is from 0.1% to 0.25%. The higher is the volume of completed transactions in one month, the lower is the commission for all subsequently completed transactions.
- Own Wallet.
- Replenishment of an account with a bank card or withdrawal to a card are not available for users of some countries.
- The administration highly recommends adding two-factor authentication to your account.
- Mobile application.
KuCoin was founded in 2017 as a service provider in the cryptocurrency market. In recent years, this cryptocurrency exchange has become one of the best known and therefore most popular. Although Kucoin is a relatively new project in the world of cryptocurrency exchanges, its team has already proven to be excellent, and the exchange has been running without any problems since its launch.
Several factors have contributed to this, not the least of which is the reliable protection of customer accounts against hacking and the introduction of unique systems for making money with digital coins.
For beginners, the cryptocurrency exchange does not have an account registration bonus, nor is there a demo account, so you will have to try trading with real money right away. Registering on the Kucoin exchange is as simple as it gets. It all starts with entering your email address and choosing a password. You will then receive a confirmation email with further instructions:
- 200+ coins and 450+ trading pairs.
- All deposits are free on the site, and there is a fixed fee for withdrawals; KuCoin offers a flat commission of 0.10%, which is less than the industry average.
- Inner site crypto wallet.
- A variety of payment methods supported by P2P fiat services.
- The exchange offers you the option to set up two-factor authentication by Google Authenticator.
- Mobile application .
Bitpanda is a digital currency investment service launched in 2014 by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Bitpanda is registered in Austria, based in Vienna. Briefly, it is a cryptocurrency exchange specializing in buying and selling bitcoin and other altcoins in the Eurozone.
The exchange is primarily aimed at residents of EU countries. For example, merchants from the United States of America will not be able to open an account, check passes or use the service.
The fair is completely open and does not hide any information about the license and the team, so many people trust it. Every day, more than a million people visit the official website of the exchange. Moreover, the website has an easy and fast registration and an absolutely comfortable and intuitive interface:
- Bitcoin, Ethereum and 30+ digital assets.
- The trading commission of the service depends on the type of currency and the nature of the transaction. When buying bitcoins, you pay 1.49%, when selling - 1.29%.
- Commission for replenishment and withdrawal is fixed for each coin and is debited from the account.
- Bitpanda crypto wallet.
- You can make a deposit either by bank transfer, credit cards or electronic payment systems.
- Bitpanda refers to systems that independently manage user wallet keys. Besides, the following security measures are offered: fund cold storage session control. Every login attempt from a new device requires two-factor authentication confirmation, authentication and validation via email.
Coinmama, founded in 2013, has long been the choice of consumers looking to purchase cryptocurrencies via credit/debit card. The company was the first to offer this payment method and quickly became one of the leaders in this segment. The site is accessible to almost everyone, serving 226 countries and most U.S. states.
Coinmama offers a service that is one of the easiest to use. For customers who want to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum quickly with a credit/debit card, and don't have to wait several days for a bank transfer to be processed, this site is a good choice. Another important advantage: your currency is not stored on the site, but is immediately transferred to your wallet.
There are no complaints among clients about the work of the Exchange. Most point to the simplicity, accessibility and functionality of the resource:
- The website sells Bitcoin, Ethereum. Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Qtum, Ripple, Ethereum Classic, Cardano, Tezos and EOS.
- The use of credit or debit cards implies a service charge of 5%. Besides, the charges 3.90% for buying coins and 0.9% for selling these.
- No Wallet.
- Credit/debit cards and bank transfers; It supports SEPA and SWIFT payments.
- Coinmama is a reputable company with a secure site using Trust Guard and Comodo technologies. Both services have confirmed that 256-bit SSL encryption is actively used on pages containing personal information.
- Mobile app.
As the demand for bitcoins and other virtual currencies continues to grow, more and more platforms for buying/selling cryptocurrencies are emerging. As the market seeks to optimize and simplify this process, most new services offer convenient peer-to-peer services. In this approach, transactions are made directly between users, with the website acting as an intermediary that handles the process. Paxful is one such platform. The owners have made every effort to provide you with the most transparent and convenient service.
The exchange was founded in the US in 2015. Ambitious creators Arthur Shabak and Ray Yousef wanted to create a peer-to-peer marketplace where sellers and buyers could connect directly.
Paxful has a highly responsive technical support team that can be reached by email or phone. In addition, the website has an online chat room for quick communication. The website has no restrictions regarding the location of users. Buyers and sellers from all over the world can register and use Paxful's services:
- Bitcoin and Tether as assets.
- Commissions are applied for crypto selling:0.5% for bank transfers; 1% for bank cards and e-payments; 3-5% for gift cards; No commission is charged for buying cybercurrencies; Paxful will charge a transfer fee for sending funds to an external wallet. $0 - $9.99 = 0.0001 BTC$ 10 - $19.99 = 0.0002 BTC;More than $20 = 0.0005 BTC.
- The Paxful Wallet App makes it easy to store and manage coins with your mobile wallet.
- More than 300 ways to buy coins, including bank transfer, credit and debit cards, PayPal, Western Union, and even Amazon, iTunes or Steam gift cards.
- The security of the system is ensured by two-factor authentication, depositing and the obligatory verification procedure when working with large amounts.
- Paxful Wallet for Android and iOS.
HitBTC is probably among the TOP cryptocurrency exchanges in terms of daily trading volume. And while liquidity is a very important indicator for a trading platform, it is not its only advantage.
The trading interface of the HitBTC exchange is not fundamentally different from that of other exchanges. If you have ever worked with other sites, everything will be intuitively obvious. However, it must be said that all the blocks of the trading window are highly functional and thought out to the smallest detail. In addition, you can adjust the positions of all the blocks on the screen itself according to your needs.
The registration process is as streamlined as possible, literally a minute or even less separates you from your first visit to the site to the start of the auction. There is verification on HitBTC, but it is optional. As stated in your personal account, the exchange's management recommends that you go through the KYC process if you plan to trade on a large scale or withdraw large amounts of cryptocurrencies.
Another feature that sets HitBTC apart from the list of other popular exchanges is the range of cryptocurrencies supported by the site. Today, the exchange offers the opportunity to trade more than 200 tokens and cryptocurrencies. On the exchange you will find coins that are not available on other top platforms. This makes the platform unique and offers investors additional liquidity.
The full list of cryptocurrencies is traded in pairs with BTC, ETH, USDT, DAI, EOS, TUSD, EURS. And while there is no way to deposit or withdraw fiat money on HitBTC, there are several fiat currencies on the platform:
- 800 currency pairs.
- No commissions for deposits and a fixed commission for withdrawals depending on the coin; HitBTC uses a multi-level trading fee calculation system. The more a user trades, the lower his commission will be.
- No crypto wallet.
- The HitBTC exchange can be replenished exclusively with digital currency.
- The platform provides 2-factor authentication, high-end encryption technology and cold storage of funds.
- No application.
Remember! Exchanges are dynamic systems and therefore the list of services and their terms may change regularly.