Cryptocurrency platforms New Zealand 2021
In recent years, the crypto industry has developed rapidly. Many blockchain startups are appearing, new cryptocurrency funds are being launched, the high volatility of the market attracts the attention of many traders, and as a result, the list of global cryptocurrency exchanges is regularly updated with new trading platforms for digital assets.
Exchanges are becoming financial hubs where most of the cryptocurrency funds in circulation are concentrated and where there is active interaction between market participants. But how can you choose a trading platform that is right for you and will not disappoint you in the future? This brief overview should help you decide which exchange to choose.
Coinbase was founded in 2012 and is a centralized platform that offers a high level of reliability. The purpose of Coinbase's founding was to try to prove to society that the future belongs to digital assets. The Coinbase platform is designed to operate in an international format. To this end, the website has been translated into several foreign languages. The user interface is simple and understandable even for beginners.
The Coinbase exchange is one of the safest places to buy, sell and store cryptocurrencies. Most of the exchange users' funds are stored offline. And the data stored online is insured.
Coinbase customers can only have one personal account. Registration and maintenance of your account is free of charge. Since Coinbase is positioning itself as the most reliable platform for cryptocurrencies, identity verification is carried out with due diligence. Copies of documents sent via email cannot be disputed. All documents are verified through the Coinbase website or app:
- 23 types of coins.
- The rates charged for all operations under $200 are as follows: $0.99 - $2.99 - for operations from $0 to $200; for over $200, a fixed interest rate comes into play. Its size depends on the payment method.
- Free mobile and online wallet. The advantage of this wallet is that transactions can be made off-blockchain.
- You can pay funds that can be deposited and withdrawn using a bank card, transfer and a range of payment systems. SEPA transfers are available for EU residents.
- Two-factor authentication. All website traffic is encrypted using the SSL cryptographic protocol.
- All wallets keys are protected by AES-256 encryption. Only 2% of her clients' cryptocurrency funds are stored online, and they are insured in case of loss.
- Android and iOS app.
Binance is a cryptocurrency exchange founded in 2017. The exchange has gained the trust of the cryptocurrency community largely due to its strong development team, who understand their business very well. In August 2017, Yi Hee, one of the leading financiers and most influential people in the Chinese online economy, joined the company. Binance is now regularly recruiting new investors and sponsors to continuously develop and improve the platform.
Binance has the most extensive list of cryptocurrencies and is open to cooperation with new coins. The list includes only the most promising cryptocurrencies.
Fast registration can be seen as a nice advantage of the company. The main priority of the company is to protect its traders. The security of the account is ensured through two-factor authentication. This means that the user must enter not only the username and password, but also an individual key or code to log into the account.
In addition to the trading platform, Binance offers other services that will be of interest to many community members. You can learn more about them on the website. This site is rightfully considered one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges:
- 740 different crypto and fiat pairs, including own token BNB.
- Binance offers competitive trading fees (commissions): 0.1% on each side of the trade, or 0.075% if you are using your Binance tokens (BNB).
- Trust Wallet mobile application.
- Bank transfer, debit/credit cards, various P2P payment channels.
- The exchange launched CryptoSafe Alliance (CSA). This initiative will bring together exchanges, blockchain protocols, cybersecurity experts, and regulatory compliance companies. It is the first comprehensive threat monitoring and protection tool in a decentralized data exchange environment.
- A free app is available in Google Play Store or the App Store.
Kraken is an international cryptocurrency exchange, which is considered one of the largest resources in terms of trading volume on a par with the euro. The main goal of this site is to make digital currencies accessible and useful for users all over the world.
Initially, the exchange offered a meager selection of cryptocurrencies for trading (BTC, ETH and LTC). But since 2017, when the cryptocurrency market showed impressive growth. The trading platform is designed for both private investors and institutional investors. A lot of time has been spent on adding margin, futures and OTC trading, as well as a dark pool:
- 8 tokens are available.
- Transactions under 50,000 units of a particular currency are subject to a commission of 0.16% for the seller and 0.26% for the buyer. For sums over 50,000 units, commissions are reduced to 0.14% and 0.24% respectively.
- No crypto wallet is offered on the site.
- Crypto wallets and money transfers via bank transfer. Deposit/withdrawal via bank cards is not available.
- The exchange offers users two-factor authentication, PGP encryption, and global settings lock, which prevents any account changes within a certain period of time.
- Kraken Pro and Kraken Futures applications.
The cryptocurrency exchange Bittrex was founded in 2014 in Seattle, USA. This market is one of the oldest on the Internet and has gained the trust of a large number of users around the world. Bittrex is very often at the top of the rankings of cryptocurrency exchanges in terms of daily trading volume. Experts describe Bittrex as one of the most reliable and best cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. And while younger competitors are splitting the market today, Bittrex is steadily pushing them back.
The Bittrex development team states that security is their top priority. Bittrex uses a flexible tiered architecture to store funds. 90% of funds are stored in offline wallets in a secure location. The platform also has tools like two-factor authentication and other basic default settings. Bittrex exchange has never been attacked by hackers in its history.
The Bittrex platform is designed so that deposits and withdrawals are very fast. As soon as a transaction is created, you immediately see its status in your personal account on the exchange. Users can control the crediting process and confirm the transaction in real time.
Another advantage is that Bittrex is structured so that cryptocurrency trading is available to both beginners and people with little knowledge of trading:
- 250+ trading pairs are available.
- Topping up your euro account is available via SEPA credit transfer, international bank transfer, bank card. Fiat funds withdrawal is possible to a bank account using an international bank transfer, and for euros, a SEPA credit transfer is supported. The withdrawal commission depends on the chosen currency: in bitcoin, it is 0.0005 BTC, in Ethereum - 0.00600000 ETH. The site has a fixed trading fee of 0.25% of the total value of the order.
- No crypto wallet.
- Bank transfers, credit/debit cards.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA), IP check, which requires an email confirmation of entry from a new IP-address, IP whitelists, Cold storage for 80%-90% assets.
- There are two apps for Android and iOS respectively: Bittrex Global and Bittrex.
BitMEX was launched in early 2014 by HDR Global Trading, led by experts with 40 years of experience in high-frequency finance and algorithmic trading.
Bitmex is considered a platform for more experienced players in the market.
BitMEX platform specializes in peer-to-peer P2P trading of cryptocurrency derivatives and has no direct competitors. All calculations on the site are made in BTC. Asset tickers have the usual symbols, except for Bitcoin - its unique identifier XBT is on the exchange.
BitMEX allows you to trade both up and down. Users can open both long and short positions. To avoid mistakes in calculations, BitMEX offers a handy calculator in the left corner of the terminal. Specifying the entry and exit point for the cryptocurrency, the calculator will calculate profit or loss. It is a very useful tool.
In addition, BitMEX allows you to significantly increase your profits by using a margin tool that allows you to transact not with your own Bitcoins, but with borrowed Bitcoins:
- 55 trading pairs.
- BitMEX does not charge any fees for deposits or withdrawals. When withdrawing BTC, a minimum Bitcoin Network commission is applied; commissions for takers are 0.075% of the total order value, while makers are paid an additional 0.025% for each trade.
- Crypto BitMEX wallet.
- Beyond virtual currencies, BitMEX does not accept any other deposits.
- Funds are stored in cold wallets; Two-factor authentication; Registration via SMS notifications; Multi-signature wallets for transactions; Email communications are encrypted using PGP encryption.
- BitMEX Mobile launched in September 2020.
Bitfinex is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges. Bitfinex was founded in 2012 and was one of the first professional platforms created in response to the great interest in cryptocurrency trading.
Hong Kong exchange bitfinex.com positions itself as a platform for professionals. It impresses with a variety of trading instruments, offers multiple order types, leverage and sponsorship from other traders.
You won't find any dubious coins here, there are only about 40 of the most popular and reputable coins on the exchange. Bitfinex is known among users for its reliability and security.
There are no demo accounts on the exchange. On the main page there is a button "Demo". This will allow you to familiarize yourself with the user interface before registering, but you will not be able to perform any operations. Bitfinex offers diverse and sophisticated features, some of which are unparalleled:
- Over 140 coins and 300 trading pairs.
- No additional payments for deposits and withdrawals in digital coins. When you deposit USD, you will have to pay a commission of 0.1%, but not less than $20;Minimum fee for withdrawing fiat money is $60; With the minimum currency turnover per month, the trading fee is 0.1% for the maker and 0.2% for the taker.
- Users are offered three wallets to choose from - Exchange Wallet, Margin Wallet, and Financing Wallet.
- In addition to digital currencies, bank transfers and card withdrawals are available to users.
- Only 0.5% of crypto assets are kept online to support daily transactions. The rest of the coins are kept in cold wallets out of the reach of hackers. For these wallets to become available, manual authorization of several members of the management team is required.
LocalBitcoins is a decentralized exchange that specializes in bringing together those who sell cryptocurrencies and those who buy them. The peculiarity of the exchange is the possibility to buy TCM offline. In this case, the selection of offers most suitable for the trader, depending on the territorial location is made.
When trading on this site, it is very important to accept the fact that transactions are made directly, i.e. with the counterparty itself, and not on the basis of the exchange. Therefore, it is worth constantly checking your profile for analysis and looking for positive feedback from clients, history of completed transactions, information on the life of the account, the number of traders who have put it on the fraud list or, on the contrary, on the white list.
Among the advantages - convenient and clear user interface, which can be understood even by inexperienced traders, the ability to buy ERM for the national currency value in 248 countries, thanks to the exchange you can find the most reliable and safe counterparty with whom you can continue to work directly:
- The service does not charge a commission from the buyer. For sellers, there is a set commission of 1% on each sale.
- Bank transfers, banking cards, electronic systems.
- The security of the transaction is ensured by the escrow method, which has proven to be highly effective; User accounts are protected by two-factor authentication.
Founded in 2014 in the US, the cryptocurrency exchange Poloniex remains one of the most popular platforms among traders and investors. The cryptocurrency exchange Poloniex has a beautiful, smooth design and a user-friendly and intuitive interface, which is ideal for both experienced and inexperienced traders. In addition to the traditional spot exchange, on Poloniex you will also find options (range) for margin trading as well as range for those who want to lend their money.
According to the new owners of the Poloniex exchange, they plan to scale the business by adding new tokens to the offering and integrating support for fiat currencies.
To work with the Poloniex exchange, you only need to register so far. In order to trade on this site, you have to pass the verification of the exchange. According to the Poloniex team, this was done to combat fraud on the exchange and to increase the transparency of the company:
- 100+ currency pairs.
- All deposits are allowed without any additional charges; The withdrawal fee is fixed, and it depends on the type of the currency; commissions are from 0 to 0.25%. Maker commission is from 0% to 0.15%; taker commission is from 0.1% to 0.25%. The higher is the volume of completed transactions in one month, the lower is the commission for all subsequently completed transactions.
- Own Wallet.
- Replenishment of an account with a bank card or withdrawal to a card are not available for users of some countries.
- The administration highly recommends adding two-factor authentication to your account.
- Mobile application.
KuCoin was founded in 2017 as a service company in the cryptocurrency market. In recent years, this cryptocurrency exchange has become one of the most famous and, therefore, the most popular. Although KuCoin is a relatively new project in the world of cryptocurrency exchanges, its team has already established itself perfectly, and the exchange has been running smoothly since its launch.
This was facilitated by several factors, not least the reliable protection of customer accounts from hacker attacks and the introduction of unique systems for making money in digital currencies.
For beginners there is no bonus for registering an account on the cryptocurrency exchange, no demo account, so you have to try to trade for real money right away. Registration on Kucoin exchange is as simple as possible. It all starts with entering your email address and choosing a password. You will then receive a confirmation email with further instructions:
- 200+ coins and 450+ trading pairs.
- All deposits are free on the site, and there is a fixed fee for withdrawals; KuCoin offers a flat commission of 0.10%, which is less than the industry average.
- Inner site crypto wallet.
- A variety of payment methods supported by P2P fiat services.
- The exchange offers you the option to set up two-factor authentication by Google Authenticator.
- Mobile application .
Bitpanda is a digital currency investment service founded in 2014 by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanscheck and Christian Trummer. Bitpanda is registered in Austria and is headquartered in Vienna. In short, it is a cryptocurrency exchange that specializes in buying and selling Bitcoins and other altcoins in the Eurozone.
The exchange is mainly intended for residents of EU countries. For example, traders from the United States of America cannot open an account, check their passport or use the service.
The exchange is completely open and does not hide any information about the license and the team, so many people trust it. Every day the official site of the exchange is visited by more than a million people. In addition, the service offers a simple and quick registration and absolutely convenient and intuitive user interface:
- Bitcoin, Ethereum and 30+ digital assets.
- The trading commission of the service depends on the type of currency and the nature of the transaction. When buying bitcoins, you pay 1.49%, when selling - 1.29%.
- Commission for replenishment and withdrawal is fixed for each coin and is debited from the account.
- Bitpanda crypto wallet.
- You can make a deposit either by bank transfer, credit cards or electronic payment systems.
- Bitpanda refers to systems that independently manage user wallet keys. Besides, the following security measures are offered: fund cold storage session control. Every login attempt from a new device requires two-factor authentication confirmation, authentication and validation via email.
Founded in 2013, Coinmama has long been the first choice for consumers who want to buy cryptocurrencies with a credit/debit card. The company was the first to offer this payment method and quickly became one of the market leaders in this segment. The site is available to almost everyone and serves 226 countries and most U.S. states.
Coinmama offers a service that is one of the easiest to use. For customers who want to quickly buy Bitcoin or Ethereum with a credit/debit card and don't want to wait several days for a bank transfer, this site is a good choice. Another important advantage: your currency is not stored on the site, but immediately transferred to your wallet.
There are no complaints from customers about the work of the exchanger. Most appreciate the simplicity, accessibility and functionality of the resource:
- The website sells Bitcoin, Ethereum. Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Qtum, Ripple, Ethereum Classic, Cardano, Tezos and EOS.
- The use of credit or debit cards implies a service charge of 5%. Besides, the charges 3.90% for buying coins and 0.9% for selling these.
- No Wallet.
- Credit/debit cards and bank transfers; It supports SEPA and SWIFT payments.
- Coinmama is a reputable company with a secure site using Trust Guard and Comodo technologies. Both services have confirmed that 256-bit SSL encryption is actively used on pages containing personal information.
- Mobile app.
As the demand for bitcoins and other virtual currencies continues to grow, more and more platforms for buying and selling cryptocurrencies are emerging. The market wants to streamline and simplify the process, so most of the new services offer convenient peer-to-peer services. In this approach, transactions take place directly between users, with the site acting as an intermediary to regulate the process. Paxful is one such platform. The owners have taken care to offer the most transparent and convenient service possible.
The exchange was founded in the United States in 2015. The ambitious founders Arthur Shabak and Ray Yousef decided to create a peer-to-peer trading platform that would allow sellers and buyers to communicate directly with each other.
Paxful has very responsive technical support that you can contact by email or phone. The site also has online chat for quick communication. There are no location restrictions on the site. Buyers and sellers from all over the world can register and use Paxful services:
- Bitcoin and Tether as assets.
- Commissions are applied for crypto selling:0.5% for bank transfers; 1% for bank cards and e-payments; 3-5% for gift cards; No commission is charged for buying cybercurrencies; Paxful will charge a transfer fee for sending funds to an external wallet. $0 - $9.99 = 0.0001 BTC$ 10 - $19.99 = 0.0002 BTC;More than $20 = 0.0005 BTC.
- The Paxful Wallet App makes it easy to store and manage coins with your mobile wallet.
- More than 300 ways to buy coins, including bank transfer, credit and debit cards, PayPal, Western Union, and even Amazon, iTunes or Steam gift cards.
- The security of the system is ensured by two-factor authentication, depositing and the obligatory verification procedure when working with large amounts.
- Paxful Wallet for Android and iOS.
HitBTC is firmly among the top cryptocurrency exchanges in terms of daily trading volume. And while liquidity is a very important indicator for the trading platform, it is far from its only advantage.
The trading interface of HitBTC is not fundamentally different from other exchanges. If you have already worked with other sites, everything will be intuitive for you. However, it should be said that all the blocks in the trading window are very functional and designed to the smallest detail. Moreover, you can adjust the position of all blocks on the screen according to your needs.
The registration process is as simple as possible, literally a minute or even less separates you from your first visit to the site to the start of the auction. HitBTC has verification, but it is optional. As stated in your personal account, exchange management recommends you to go through KYC process if you want to trade large volumes or withdraw large amounts of cryptocurrencies.
Another feature that distinguishes HitBTC from other popular exchanges is the range of cryptocurrencies supported by the site. Today, the exchange offers the opportunity to trade more than 200 tokens and cryptocurrencies. Coins are available on the exchange that are not available on other leading platforms. This makes the platform unique and offers traders additional liquidity.
The full list of cryptocurrencies is traded in pairs with BTC, ETH, USDT, DAI, EOS, TUSD, EURS. And while HitBTC does not allow you to deposit or withdraw fiat money, there are several fiat currencies on the platform:
- 800 currency pairs.
- No commissions for deposits and a fixed commission for withdrawals depending on the coin; HitBTC uses a multi-level trading fee calculation system. The more a user trades, the lower his commission will be.
- No crypto wallet.
- The HitBTC exchange can be replenished exclusively with digital currency.
- The platform provides 2-factor authentication, high-end encryption technology and cold storage of funds.
- No application.
Remember! Stock exchanges are dynamically developing systems, so the list of services and the terms of their provision may change regularly.