Pages to buy cryptocurrencies New Zealand 2021
The cryptocurrency industry has grown rapidly in recent years. Many blockchain startups are popping up, new cryptocurrency funds are being launched, high market volatility is attracting the attention of many traders, and as a result, the list of global crypto exchanges is regularly updated with more and more digital asset trading platforms.
Exchanges are becoming financial centers where most of the cryptocurrency money in circulation is concentrated and where there is a lot of interaction between market participants. But with all this diversity, how do you choose the exchange platform that is right for you and won't disappoint you in the future? This brief overview will help you choose an exchange.
Coinbase was founded in 2012 and is a centralized, highly secure platform. Coinbase's goal was to prove to society that the future belongs to digital assets. The Coinbase platform is intended to operate in an international format. To this end, the website has been translated into several foreign languages. The user interface is simple and straightforward, even for newcomers.
Coinbase is one of the safest places to buy, sell and store cryptocurrencies. Most of the exchange's users' funds are stored offline. And the data stored online is insured.
Coinbase customers can have only one personal account. Registration and account management are free of charge. Since Coinbase is the most secure platform for cryptocurrencies, identity verification is performed with great care. Copies of documents sent via email are not accepted. All documents are verified via Coinbase's website or app:
- 23 types of coins.
- The rates charged for all operations under $200 are as follows: $0.99 - $2.99 - for operations from $0 to $200; for over $200, a fixed interest rate comes into play. Its size depends on the payment method.
- Free mobile and online wallet. The advantage of this wallet is that transactions can be made off-blockchain.
- You can pay funds that can be deposited and withdrawn using a bank card, transfer and a range of payment systems. SEPA transfers are available for EU residents.
- Two-factor authentication. All website traffic is encrypted using the SSL cryptographic protocol.
- All wallets keys are protected by AES-256 encryption. Only 2% of her clients' cryptocurrency funds are stored online, and they are insured in case of loss.
- Android and iOS app.
Binance is a cryptocurrency exchange founded in 2017. The exchange has gained the trust of the cryptocurrency community, mainly thanks to its strong team of developers who understand their business very well. In August 2017, one of the leading financiers and most influential people in the Chinese online economy, Yi Hee, joined the company. Binance now regularly attracts new investors and sponsors to continuously develop and improve the platform.
Binance has the largest list of cryptocurrencies and is open to cooperation with new coins. Only the most promising cryptocurrencies are listed.
The fast registration can be attributed to a pleasant advantage of the company. The top priority of the company is the protection of its traders. The account security is ensured by the two-factor authentication. This means that to access the account, the user must enter not only a username and password, but also an individual key or code.
Besides the trading platform, Binance offers other services that will be of interest to many community members. You can read more about them on the website. The website is widely considered to be one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges:
- 740 different crypto and fiat pairs, including own token BNB.
- Binance offers competitive trading fees (commissions): 0.1% on each side of the trade, or 0.075% if you are using your Binance tokens (BNB).
- Trust Wallet mobile application.
- Bank transfer, debit/credit cards, various P2P payment channels.
- The exchange launched CryptoSafe Alliance (CSA). This initiative will bring together exchanges, blockchain protocols, cybersecurity experts, and regulatory compliance companies. It is the first comprehensive threat monitoring and protection tool in a decentralized data exchange environment.
- A free app is available in Google Play Store or the App Store.
Kraken is an international cryptocurrency exchange that is considered one of the largest resources in terms of trading volume associated with the euro. The main goal of this website is to make digital currencies accessible and useful for users all over the world.
In the beginning, the exchange offered only a meager selection of cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, and LTC) for trading. However, since 2017, when the cryptocurrency market has grown impressively. The trading platform is designed for both retail and institutional traders. A lot of time has been spent on adding margin, futures and OTC trading, as well as darkpooling:
- 8 tokens are available.
- Transactions under 50,000 units of a particular currency are subject to a commission of 0.16% for the seller and 0.26% for the buyer. For sums over 50,000 units, commissions are reduced to 0.14% and 0.24% respectively.
- No crypto wallet is offered on the site.
- Crypto wallets and money transfers via bank transfer. Deposit/withdrawal via bank cards is not available.
- The exchange offers users two-factor authentication, PGP encryption, and global settings lock, which prevents any account changes within a certain period of time.
- Kraken Pro and Kraken Futures applications.
Bittrex cryptocurrency exchange was founded in 2014 in Seattle, USA. This market is one of the oldest on the Internet and has gained the trust of a large number of users around the world. Bittrex is very often ranked among the top cryptocurrency exchanges in terms of daily trading volume. Experts consider Bittrex to be one of the most reliable and best cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. Although younger competitors share the market, Bittrex keeps pushing them back.
The Bittrex development team claims that security is its top priority. Bittrex uses a flexible, tiered architecture to store funds. 90% of funds are stored in offline wallets in a secure location. The platform also has tools like two-factor authentication and other basic default settings. The Bittrex exchange has never been attacked by hackers in its history.
The Bittrex platform is designed to make deposits and withdrawals very fast. Once a transaction is created, you can immediately see its status in the exchange's personal cabinet. Users can follow the process of crediting and confirming the transaction in real time.
Another advantage is that Bittrex is designed to allow beginners and people with little trading knowledge to access cryptocurrency trading:
- 250+ trading pairs are available.
- Topping up your euro account is available via SEPA credit transfer, international bank transfer, bank card. Fiat funds withdrawal is possible to a bank account using an international bank transfer, and for euros, a SEPA credit transfer is supported. The withdrawal commission depends on the chosen currency: in bitcoin, it is 0.0005 BTC, in Ethereum - 0.00600000 ETH. The site has a fixed trading fee of 0.25% of the total value of the order.
- No crypto wallet.
- Bank transfers, credit/debit cards.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA), IP check, which requires an email confirmation of entry from a new IP-address, IP whitelists, Cold storage for 80%-90% assets.
- There are two apps for Android and iOS respectively: Bittrex Global and Bittrex.
BitMEX was launched in early 2014 by HDR Global Trading, which is run by experts with 40 years of experience in finance and high-frequency algorithmic trading.
Bitmex is considered a platform for more experienced market participants.
BitMEX specializes in peer-to-peer trading of cryptocurrency derivatives and has no direct competitors. All settlements on the site are made in BTC. Asset tokens have the usual symbols, except for Bitcoin - its unique identifier XBT can be found on the exchange.
At BitMEX you can trade both long and short. Users can open both long and short positions. To make sure you don't get the calculations wrong, BitMEX offers a handy calculator in the left corner of the terminal. By specifying the entry and exit point in the cryptocurrency, the calculator will calculate the profit or loss. A very handy tool.
Moreover, BitMEX allows you to significantly increase your income by using a margin tool that allows you to trade with borrowed Bitcoins instead of your own Bitcoins:
- 55 trading pairs.
- BitMEX does not charge any fees for deposits or withdrawals. When withdrawing BTC, a minimum Bitcoin Network commission is applied; commissions for takers are 0.075% of the total order value, while makers are paid an additional 0.025% for each trade.
- Crypto BitMEX wallet.
- Beyond virtual currencies, BitMEX does not accept any other deposits.
- Funds are stored in cold wallets; Two-factor authentication; Registration via SMS notifications; Multi-signature wallets for transactions; Email communications are encrypted using PGP encryption.
- BitMEX Mobile launched in September 2020.
Bitfinex is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges. Bitfinex was founded in 2012 and was one of the first professional platforms created in response to the huge interest in trading cryptocurrencies.
Hong Kong exchange bitfinex.com is positioned as a platform for professionals. It impresses with a variety of trading instruments, offers the possibility to create different types of orders as well as use leverage and sponsor other traders.
You won't find any dubious coins here, there are only about 40 of the most popular and reputable coins on the exchange. Bitfinex is known among users for its reliability and security.
There are no demo accounts on the exchange. There is a demo button on the home page. This allows you to familiarize yourself with the interface before you register, but you cannot trade with it. Bitfinex offers many sophisticated features, some of which are unprecedented:
- Over 140 coins and 300 trading pairs.
- No additional payments for deposits and withdrawals in digital coins. When you deposit USD, you will have to pay a commission of 0.1%, but not less than $20;Minimum fee for withdrawing fiat money is $60; With the minimum currency turnover per month, the trading fee is 0.1% for the maker and 0.2% for the taker.
- Users are offered three wallets to choose from - Exchange Wallet, Margin Wallet, and Financing Wallet.
- In addition to digital currencies, bank transfers and card withdrawals are available to users.
- Only 0.5% of crypto assets are kept online to support daily transactions. The rest of the coins are kept in cold wallets out of the reach of hackers. For these wallets to become available, manual authorization of several members of the management team is required.
LocalBitcoins is a decentralized peer-to-peer exchange that specializes in connecting those who sell cryptocurrencies and those who buy them. A special feature of the exchange is the possibility to buy TCMs offline. In this case, the selection of the most suitable offers for the trader is made on a territorial basis.
If you work on the basis of this website, it is very important to accept the fact that transactions are carried out directly, that is, with the counterparty itself, and not on an exchange basis. Therefore, it is worth to constantly check your profile to analyze and look for positive customer feedback, the history of transactions made, information about the account duration, the number of traders who put it on the list of scammers or, conversely, on the list of idle traders.
The benefits include a user-friendly interface that even a novice trader can understand, the ability to buy FCMs with national currencies in 248 countries, and the ability to find the most reliable and secure counterparty with whom you can work directly in the future:
- The service does not charge a commission from the buyer. For sellers, there is a set commission of 1% on each sale.
- Bank transfers, banking cards, electronic systems.
- The security of the transaction is ensured by the escrow method, which has proven to be highly effective; User accounts are protected by two-factor authentication.
Founded in 2014 in the US, Poloniex cryptocurrency exchange remains one of the most popular platforms among traders and investors. It is worth noting that Poloniex cryptocurrency exchange has a nice, soft design and a user-friendly and intuitive interface, which is ideal for both experienced traders and beginners. Apart from the traditional spot exchange, on Poloniex you can also find options (range) for margin trading as well as a section for those who want to lend their money.
According to a statement from the new owners of the Poloniex exchange, they plan to expand the business, add new tokens to the list and integrate support for fiat currencies.
Previously, you only had to register to work with the Poloniex exchange. In order to trade on this website, you have to go through a verification process with the exchange. According to the Poloniex team, this was done to fight fraud on the exchange and make the company more transparent:
- 100+ currency pairs.
- All deposits are allowed without any additional charges; The withdrawal fee is fixed, and it depends on the type of the currency; commissions are from 0 to 0.25%. Maker commission is from 0% to 0.15%; taker commission is from 0.1% to 0.25%. The higher is the volume of completed transactions in one month, the lower is the commission for all subsequently completed transactions.
- Own Wallet.
- Replenishment of an account with a bank card or withdrawal to a card are not available for users of some countries.
- The administration highly recommends adding two-factor authentication to your account.
- Mobile application.
KuCoin was founded in 2017 as a service company on the cryptocurrency market. In recent years, this cryptocurrency exchange has become one of the most well-known and therefore popular exchanges. Although KuCoin is a relatively new project in the world of cryptocurrency exchanges, the team is already well established and the exchange has been running smoothly since its launch.
Several factors have contributed to this, including robust protection of customer accounts against hacker attacks and the introduction of unique digital coin mining systems.
For newcomers, the cryptocurrency exchange does not offer a sign-up bonus or a demo account, so you have to try trading with real money right away. Registering with the Kucoin exchange is as simple as it gets. It all starts with entering your email address and choosing a password. You will then receive a confirmation email with further instructions:
- 200+ coins and 450+ trading pairs.
- All deposits are free on the site, and there is a fixed fee for withdrawals; KuCoin offers a flat commission of 0.10%, which is less than the industry average.
- Inner site crypto wallet.
- A variety of payment methods supported by P2P fiat services.
- The exchange offers you the option to set up two-factor authentication by Google Authenticator.
- Mobile application .
Bitpanda is a digital currency investment service founded in 2014 by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanscheck and Christian Trummer. Bitpanda is registered in Austria and has its headquarters in Vienna. In short, it is a cryptocurrency exchange that specializes in buying and selling Bitcoins and other altcoins in the Eurozone.
The exchange is primarily intended for residents of the European Union countries. For example, traders from the United States cannot open an account, get verified and use the service.
The exchange is completely open and does not hide any information about the license and the team, so many people trust it. More than a million people visit the official website of the exchange every day. Moreover, the service offers quick and easy registration and a practical and intuitive interface:
- Bitcoin, Ethereum and 30+ digital assets.
- The trading commission of the service depends on the type of currency and the nature of the transaction. When buying bitcoins, you pay 1.49%, when selling - 1.29%.
- Commission for replenishment and withdrawal is fixed for each coin and is debited from the account.
- Bitpanda crypto wallet.
- You can make a deposit either by bank transfer, credit cards or electronic payment systems.
- Bitpanda refers to systems that independently manage user wallet keys. Besides, the following security measures are offered: fund cold storage session control. Every login attempt from a new device requires two-factor authentication confirmation, authentication and validation via email.
Founded in 2013, Coinmama has long been the first choice for consumers who want to buy cryptocurrencies via credit/debit card. The company was the first to offer this payment method and quickly became one of the market leaders in this segment. The website is accessible to almost everyone and serves 226 countries and most US states.
Coinmama offers a service that is one of the easiest to use. For customers who want to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum quickly with a credit/debit card and don't want to wait several days for a bank transfer, this site is a good choice. Another important advantage is that your currency is not stored on the site, but transferred to your wallet instantly.
Customers do not complain about the operation of the heat exchanger. Most praise its simplicity, accessibility and functionality:
- The website sells Bitcoin, Ethereum. Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Qtum, Ripple, Ethereum Classic, Cardano, Tezos and EOS.
- The use of credit or debit cards implies a service charge of 5%. Besides, the charges 3.90% for buying coins and 0.9% for selling these.
- No Wallet.
- Credit/debit cards and bank transfers; It supports SEPA and SWIFT payments.
- Coinmama is a reputable company with a secure site using Trust Guard and Comodo technologies. Both services have confirmed that 256-bit SSL encryption is actively used on pages containing personal information.
- Mobile app.
As the demand for Bitcoins and other virtual coins continues to grow, more and more platforms for buying and selling cryptocurrencies are emerging. As the market strives to streamline and simplify the process, most new services offer convenient peer-to-peer services. In this approach, transactions are made directly between users, with the website acting as an intermediary to regulate the process. Paxful is one such platform. The owners have taken care to provide the most transparent and convenient service possible.
The exchange was founded in 2015 in the USA. Ambitious developers Arthur Shabak and Ray Yousef decided to create a peer-to-peer marketplace that would allow buyers and sellers to communicate directly.
Paxful has a very responsive technical support team that you can reach via email or phone. The website also has an online chat room for quick communication. The website has no restrictions on the location of the users. Buyers and sellers from all over the world can register and use Paxful's services:
- Bitcoin and Tether as assets.
- Commissions are applied for crypto selling:0.5% for bank transfers; 1% for bank cards and e-payments; 3-5% for gift cards; No commission is charged for buying cybercurrencies; Paxful will charge a transfer fee for sending funds to an external wallet. $0 - $9.99 = 0.0001 BTC$ 10 - $19.99 = 0.0002 BTC;More than $20 = 0.0005 BTC.
- The Paxful Wallet App makes it easy to store and manage coins with your mobile wallet.
- More than 300 ways to buy coins, including bank transfer, credit and debit cards, PayPal, Western Union, and even Amazon, iTunes or Steam gift cards.
- The security of the system is ensured by two-factor authentication, depositing and the obligatory verification procedure when working with large amounts.
- Paxful Wallet for Android and iOS.
HitBTC is firmly among the top cryptocurrency exchanges in terms of daily trading volume. And while liquidity is a very important metric for an exchange platform, it is far from its only advantage.
The trading interface of HitBTC is not fundamentally different from other exchanges. If you have already worked with other sites, everything will be intuitive. However, it should be said that all the blocks in the trading window are very functional and thought out to the smallest detail. Moreover, you can adjust the position of all blocks on the screen according to your preferences.
The registration process is as simple as possible. It literally takes a minute or even less from the first visit to the website to the start of the auction. HitBTC has verification, but it is optional. As stated in your personal account, the exchange management recommends going through the KYC process if you want to make large transactions or withdraw large amounts of cryptocurrency.
Another feature that sets HitBTC apart from other popular exchanges is the range of cryptocurrencies it supports. Today, the exchange offers the ability to trade more than 200 tokens and cryptocurrencies. There are coins on the exchange that are not available on other leading platforms. This makes the platform unique and provides additional liquidity to traders.
The full list of cryptocurrencies is traded in pairs with BTC, ETH, USDT, DAI, EOS, TUSD, EURS. And although HitBTC does not offer the possibility to deposit or withdraw fiat money, there are several stable coins on the platform:
- 800 currency pairs.
- No commissions for deposits and a fixed commission for withdrawals depending on the coin; HitBTC uses a multi-level trading fee calculation system. The more a user trades, the lower his commission will be.
- No crypto wallet.
- The HitBTC exchange can be replenished exclusively with digital currency.
- The platform provides 2-factor authentication, high-end encryption technology and cold storage of funds.
- No application.