Platform to buy cryptocurrencies New Zealand 2021
In recent years, the cryptocurrency industry has developed at a rapid pace. Many blockchain start-ups are created, new cryptocurrency funds are launched, the high volatility of the market attracts the attention of many traders and, therefore, the list of global cryptocurrency exchanges is regularly supplemented by more and more new platforms for trading digital assets.
Exchanges are becoming the financial centers where most of the cryptocurrency money in circulation is concentrated and where the interaction between market participants takes place. But how do you choose a trading platform from this diversity that suits you and that will not be a disappointment in the future? This brief overview should help guide you when choosing an exchange.
Founded in 2012, the Coinbase exchange is a centralized platform and features a high degree of reliability. The purpose of founding Coinbase was to prove to the public that the future belongs to digital assets. The Coinbase platform strives to operate in an international format. To this end, the website has been translated into several foreign languages. The user interface is simple and direct, even for beginners.
Coinbase exchange is one of the safest places to buy, sell and store cryptocurrencies. Most of the exchange users' funds are stored offline. Those that are stored online are insured.
Coinbase customers can have only one personal account. Registration and account management are free of charge. Since Coinbase exchange positions itself as the most reliable platform for cryptocurrencies, identity verification is done with all precautions. Copies of documents sent via email are not possible. All documents are verified through the Coinbase website or the Coinbase app:
- 23 types of coins.
- The rates charged for all operations under $200 are as follows: $0.99 - $2.99 - for operations from $0 to $200; for over $200, a fixed interest rate comes into play. Its size depends on the payment method.
- Free mobile and online wallet. The advantage of this wallet is that transactions can be made off-blockchain.
- You can pay funds that can be deposited and withdrawn using a bank card, transfer and a range of payment systems. SEPA transfers are available for EU residents.
- Two-factor authentication. All website traffic is encrypted using the SSL cryptographic protocol.
- All wallets keys are protected by AES-256 encryption. Only 2% of her clients' cryptocurrency funds are stored online, and they are insured in case of loss.
- Android and iOS app.
Binance is a cryptocurrency exchange that was founded in 2017. The exchange has gained the trust of the cryptocurrency community, mainly due to its strong team of developers who know their craft very well. In August 2017, one of the top financiers and most influential people in China's online economy, Yi Hee, joined the company. Today, Binance regularly attracts new investors and backers to continuously develop and improve the platform.
Binance has the largest list of cryptocurrencies and is open to working with new coins. The list includes only the most promising cryptocurrencies.
Fast registration can be attributed to the company's pleasant advantage. The company's top priority is to protect its merchants. Account security is provided by two-factor authentication. This means that the user must provide not only a username and password to access the account, but also an individual key or code.
In addition to the trading platform, Binance offers additional services that are of interest to many community members. You can learn more about them on the website. The website is rightly considered to be one of the best exchanges for cryptocurrencies:
- 740 different crypto and fiat pairs, including own token BNB.
- Binance offers competitive trading fees (commissions): 0.1% on each side of the trade, or 0.075% if you are using your Binance tokens (BNB).
- Trust Wallet mobile application.
- Bank transfer, debit/credit cards, various P2P payment channels.
- The exchange launched CryptoSafe Alliance (CSA). This initiative will bring together exchanges, blockchain protocols, cybersecurity experts, and regulatory compliance companies. It is the first comprehensive threat monitoring and protection tool in a decentralized data exchange environment.
- A free app is available in Google Play Store or the App Store.
Kraken is an international cryptocurrency exchange, considered one of the largest resources in terms of trading volume in pairs with the euro. The main goal of this site is to make digital currencies accessible and useful to users around the world.
At first, the exchange only offered a small selection of cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, and LTC) for trading. However, since 2017, when the cryptocurrency market experienced impressive growth, the exchange has grown in importance. The trading platform targets both private investors and institutional traders. A lot of time has been spent on adding margin, futures and OTC trading, as well as dark pool:
- 8 tokens are available.
- Transactions under 50,000 units of a particular currency are subject to a commission of 0.16% for the seller and 0.26% for the buyer. For sums over 50,000 units, commissions are reduced to 0.14% and 0.24% respectively.
- No crypto wallet is offered on the site.
- Crypto wallets and money transfers via bank transfer. Deposit/withdrawal via bank cards is not available.
- The exchange offers users two-factor authentication, PGP encryption, and global settings lock, which prevents any account changes within a certain period of time.
- Kraken Pro and Kraken Futures applications.
Bittrex cryptocurrency exchange was founded in 2014 in Seattle, USA. This marketplace is one of the oldest on the Internet and has earned the trust of a large number of users around the world. Very often, Bittrex takes the top place among cryptocurrency exchanges in terms of daily trading volume. Experts consider Bittrex as one of the most reliable and best cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. And although younger competitors are dividing the market today, Bittrex is confidently standing up to them.
The Bittrex development team says security is a top priority. Bittrex uses a flexible, multi-tiered architecture to store funds. 90% of funds are stored in offline wallets in a secure location. The platform also has tools such as two-factor authentication and other basic settings as standard. The Bittrex exchange has never been breached by hackers in its entire history.
The Bittrex platform is designed to make deposits and withdrawals very fast. Once a transaction is created, you can immediately see its status in the exchanger's personal account. Users can watch the process of crediting and confirming transactions in real time.
Another advantage is that Bittrex is designed in such a way that beginners and people with little trading knowledge can also access cryptocurrency trading:
- 250+ trading pairs are available.
- Topping up your euro account is available via SEPA credit transfer, international bank transfer, bank card. Fiat funds withdrawal is possible to a bank account using an international bank transfer, and for euros, a SEPA credit transfer is supported. The withdrawal commission depends on the chosen currency: in bitcoin, it is 0.0005 BTC, in Ethereum - 0.00600000 ETH. The site has a fixed trading fee of 0.25% of the total value of the order.
- No crypto wallet.
- Bank transfers, credit/debit cards.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA), IP check, which requires an email confirmation of entry from a new IP-address, IP whitelists, Cold storage for 80%-90% assets.
- There are two apps for Android and iOS respectively: Bittrex Global and Bittrex.
BitMEX was launched in early 2014 by HDR Global Trading, which is run by experts with 40 years of experience in the financial industry and high frequency algorithmic trading.
Bitmex is seen as a platform for more experienced market participants.
The BitMEX platform specializes in peer-to-peer trading of cryptocurrency derivatives and has no direct competitors. All calculations within the website are done in BTC. Asset tags have the usual symbols, except for Bitcoin - its unique identifier XBT is on the exchange.
BitMEX allows you to trade both rising and falling prices. Users can open both long and short positions. To avoid calculation errors, BitMEX offers a handy calculator in the left corner of the terminal. By specifying the entry and exit point in cryptocurrency, the calculator calculates the profit or loss. A very practical tool.
In addition, you can significantly increase your profits on BitMEX by using the margin tool, which allows you to make trades not with your own Bitcoins, but with borrowed Bitcoins:
- 55 trading pairs.
- BitMEX does not charge any fees for deposits or withdrawals. When withdrawing BTC, a minimum Bitcoin Network commission is applied; commissions for takers are 0.075% of the total order value, while makers are paid an additional 0.025% for each trade.
- Crypto BitMEX wallet.
- Beyond virtual currencies, BitMEX does not accept any other deposits.
- Funds are stored in cold wallets; Two-factor authentication; Registration via SMS notifications; Multi-signature wallets for transactions; Email communications are encrypted using PGP encryption.
- BitMEX Mobile launched in September 2020.
Bitfinex is one of the largest exchanges for cryptocurrencies. Bitfinex was founded in 2012 and was one of the first professional platforms created in response to the high interest in cryptocurrency trading.
The Hong Kong exchange bitfinex.com is a platform for professionals. It delights with a variety of trading tools, offers the possibility to create different types of orders, use leverage and sponsor other traders.
You will not find any questionable coins here, there are only about 40 of the most popular and reputable coins on the exchange. Bitfinex is known among users for its reliability and security.
There are no demo accounts on the exchange. On the main page there is a "Demo" button. You can use it to familiarize yourself with the interface before registering, but you cannot trade using it. Bitfinex offers many complex features, some of which are incomparable:
- Over 140 coins and 300 trading pairs.
- No additional payments for deposits and withdrawals in digital coins. When you deposit USD, you will have to pay a commission of 0.1%, but not less than $20;Minimum fee for withdrawing fiat money is $60; With the minimum currency turnover per month, the trading fee is 0.1% for the maker and 0.2% for the taker.
- Users are offered three wallets to choose from - Exchange Wallet, Margin Wallet, and Financing Wallet.
- In addition to digital currencies, bank transfers and card withdrawals are available to users.
- Only 0.5% of crypto assets are kept online to support daily transactions. The rest of the coins are kept in cold wallets out of the reach of hackers. For these wallets to become available, manual authorization of several members of the management team is required.
LocalBitcoins is a decentralized peer-to-peer exchange that specializes in connecting sellers and buyers of cryptocurrencies. A special feature of the exchange is the possibility to buy TCM offline. In this case, the selection of the most suitable offers for the trader is done by territorial location.
When trading on the basis of this website, it is very important to accept that trades are made directly, i.e. with the counterparty itself, and not on the basis of barter transactions. For this reason, it is advisable to constantly check your profile to analyze and research positive customer reviews, the history of trades made, information about the lifetime of the account and the number of traders who have put the account on the scammers list or whitelist.
The advantages include a convenient and clear user interface that even an inexperienced trader can understand, the possibility to buy TCM for national currency in 248 countries of the world, through the exchange you can find the most reliable and secure counterparty with which you can directly cooperate in the future:
- The service does not charge a commission from the buyer. For sellers, there is a set commission of 1% on each sale.
- Bank transfers, banking cards, electronic systems.
- The security of the transaction is ensured by the escrow method, which has proven to be highly effective; User accounts are protected by two-factor authentication.
Poloniex cryptocurrency exchange, founded in 2014 in the USA, remains one of the most popular platforms among traders and investors. It is worth mentioning that Poloniex cryptocurrency exchange has a beautiful soft design, practical and intuitive interface that is ideal for both experienced traders and beginners. Apart from the traditional cash exchange, on Poloniex you will also find options (section) for margin trading and a section for those who want to borrow their money.
According to the new owners of the Poloniex exchange, they intend to work on scaling this business, adding new tokens to the list and integrating support for fiat currencies.
To work with the Poloniex exchange, all you had to do was register. Now, in order to trade on this site, you must verify yourself with the exchange. According to the Poloniex team, this has been done to combat fraud on the exchange and increase the transparency of the company's operations:
- 100+ currency pairs.
- All deposits are allowed without any additional charges; The withdrawal fee is fixed, and it depends on the type of the currency; commissions are from 0 to 0.25%. Maker commission is from 0% to 0.15%; taker commission is from 0.1% to 0.25%. The higher is the volume of completed transactions in one month, the lower is the commission for all subsequently completed transactions.
- Own Wallet.
- Replenishment of an account with a bank card or withdrawal to a card are not available for users of some countries.
- The administration highly recommends adding two-factor authentication to your account.
- Mobile application.
KuCoin was founded as a service provider in the cryptocurrency market in 2017. In recent years, this cryptocurrency exchange has become one of the most well-known and thus the most popular. Although Kucoin is a relatively new project in the world of cryptocurrency exchanges, the team has already proven to be excellent, and the exchange has been running smoothly since its launch.
Several factors have contributed to this, including reliable protection of customer accounts from hackers and the introduction of unique systems for earning money with digital coins.
For beginners, the cryptocurrency exchange does not offer an account registration bonus and there is no demo account, so you have to try trading with real money right away. Registering on the Kucoin exchange is as simple as it gets. You start by entering your email address and choosing a password. You will then receive a confirmation email with further instructions:
- 200+ coins and 450+ trading pairs.
- All deposits are free on the site, and there is a fixed fee for withdrawals; KuCoin offers a flat commission of 0.10%, which is less than the industry average.
- Inner site crypto wallet.
- A variety of payment methods supported by P2P fiat services.
- The exchange offers you the option to set up two-factor authentication by Google Authenticator.
- Mobile application .
Bitpanda is a digital money investment service founded in 2014 by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Bitpanda is registered in Austria and is based in Vienna. In short, it is a cryptocurrency exchange that specializes in buying and selling Bitcoin and other altcoins in the Eurozone.
The exchange is primarily aimed at residents of the European Union countries. Traders from the United States of America cannot open an account, pass verification or use the service.
The exchange is completely open and does not hide any information about the license and the team, so many people trust it. More than one million people visit the official website of the exchange every day. Besides, the website offers fast and easy registration and absolutely practical and intuitive user interface:
- Bitcoin, Ethereum and 30+ digital assets.
- The trading commission of the service depends on the type of currency and the nature of the transaction. When buying bitcoins, you pay 1.49%, when selling - 1.29%.
- Commission for replenishment and withdrawal is fixed for each coin and is debited from the account.
- Bitpanda crypto wallet.
- You can make a deposit either by bank transfer, credit cards or electronic payment systems.
- Bitpanda refers to systems that independently manage user wallet keys. Besides, the following security measures are offered: fund cold storage session control. Every login attempt from a new device requires two-factor authentication confirmation, authentication and validation via email.
Coinmama was founded in 2013 and has long been a top choice for consumers who want to buy cryptocurrencies via credit/debit card. The company was the first to offer this payment method and quickly became one of the leaders in this segment. The site is available to almost everyone and serves 226 countries and most US states.
Coinmama offers a service that is one of the most user-friendly. For customers who want to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum quickly with a credit/debit card and don't want to wait several days for a bank transfer, this site is a good choice. Another important advantage is that your currency is not stored on the website, but immediately transferred to your wallet.
Customers don't complain about how the exchange works. Most praise the simplicity, accessibility and functionality of the resources:
- The website sells Bitcoin, Ethereum. Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Qtum, Ripple, Ethereum Classic, Cardano, Tezos and EOS.
- The use of credit or debit cards implies a service charge of 5%. Besides, the charges 3.90% for buying coins and 0.9% for selling these.
- No Wallet.
- Credit/debit cards and bank transfers; It supports SEPA and SWIFT payments.
- Coinmama is a reputable company with a secure site using Trust Guard and Comodo technologies. Both services have confirmed that 256-bit SSL encryption is actively used on pages containing personal information.
- Mobile app.
As the demand for Bitcoins and other virtual coins continues to grow, more and more platforms for buying/selling cryptocurrencies are emerging. The market is trying to streamline and simplify the process, so most of the new sites offer convenient peer-to-peer services. In this approach, transactions take place directly between users, with the website acting as an intermediary to regulate the process. Paxful is one of these platforms. The owners have taken care to offer the most transparent and convenient service.
The exchange was founded in the US in 2015. Ambitious programmers Arthur Shabak and Ray Yousef decided to create a peer-to-peer marketplace that would allow sellers and buyers to connect directly.
Paxful has very fast technical support that you can get via email or phone. The website also has an online chat for quick communication. The website has no restrictions on the location of users. Buyers and sellers from all over the world can register and use Paxful services:
- Bitcoin and Tether as assets.
- Commissions are applied for crypto selling:0.5% for bank transfers; 1% for bank cards and e-payments; 3-5% for gift cards; No commission is charged for buying cybercurrencies; Paxful will charge a transfer fee for sending funds to an external wallet. $0 - $9.99 = 0.0001 BTC$ 10 - $19.99 = 0.0002 BTC;More than $20 = 0.0005 BTC.
- The Paxful Wallet App makes it easy to store and manage coins with your mobile wallet.
- More than 300 ways to buy coins, including bank transfer, credit and debit cards, PayPal, Western Union, and even Amazon, iTunes or Steam gift cards.
- The security of the system is ensured by two-factor authentication, depositing and the obligatory verification procedure when working with large amounts.
- Paxful Wallet for Android and iOS.
HitBTC is certainly one of the TOP exchanges for cryptocurrencies in terms of daily trading volume. And while liquidity is a very important indicator for a trading platform, it is definitely not the only advantage of this platform.
The trading interface of the HitBTC exchange is not fundamentally different from any other exchange. If you have already worked with other sites, everything will be intuitively clear. However, it must be said that all blocks of the trading window are very functional and well thought out to the smallest detail. Moreover, you can adjust the position of all blocks on the screen according to your needs.
The registration process is designed to be as simple as possible. It literally takes a minute or less from your first visit to the site to the start of the auction. There is verification on HitBTC, but it is optional. As stated in your personal account, the exchange management recommends going through the KYC process if you intend to trade in bulk or withdraw large amounts of cryptocurrency.
Another feature that sets HitBTC apart from other popular exchanges is the variety of cryptocurrencies supported by the site. Currently, the exchange offers the ability to trade over 200 tokens and cryptocurrencies. The exchange features coins that are not available on other leading platforms. This makes the platform unique and provides additional liquidity for traders.
The entire list of cryptocurrencies is traded in pairs with BTC, ETH, USDT, DAI, EOS, TUSD, EURS. And while there is no way to deposit or withdraw fiat money at HitBTC, there are several stablecoins on the platform:
- 800 currency pairs.
- No commissions for deposits and a fixed commission for withdrawals depending on the coin; HitBTC uses a multi-level trading fee calculation system. The more a user trades, the lower his commission will be.
- No crypto wallet.
- The HitBTC exchange can be replenished exclusively with digital currency.
- The platform provides 2-factor authentication, high-end encryption technology and cold storage of funds.
- No application.