Platforms to buy cryptocurrencies New Zealand 2021
In recent years, the crypto-currency industry has been growing at a rapid pace. Many blockchain startups are emerging, new crypto-currency funds are being launched, the high volatility of the market is attracting the attention of many traders, and as a result, the list of global crypto-currency exchanges is regularly updated with more and more new digital asset trading platforms.
Exchanges are becoming financial centers where most of the crypto-currencies in circulation are concentrated and where there is active interaction between market players. But how do you choose from all this variety an exchange platform that suits you and won't become an object of disappointment in the future? A brief overview should help you know which exchange to choose.
The Coinbase exchange, founded in 2012, is a centralized platform and has a high reliability rate. The goal of founding Coinbase was to show society that the future belongs to digital assets. The Coinbase platform is intended to operate in an international format. To this end, the site has been translated into several foreign languages. The interface is simple and uncomplicated, even for beginners.
The Coinbase exchange is one of the safest places to buy, sell and store crypto-currencies. Most of the exchange users' money is stored offline. And those stored online are insured.
Coinbase customers can only have one personal account. Account registration and maintenance is free. Since Coinbase exchange is positioned as the most reliable platform for crypto-currencies, identity verification is carried out with all precautions. There can be no question of copies of documents sent by e-mail. All documents are verified via the Coinbase website or app:
- 23 types of coins.
- The rates charged for all operations under $200 are as follows: $0.99 - $2.99 - for operations from $0 to $200; for over $200, a fixed interest rate comes into play. Its size depends on the payment method.
- Free mobile and online wallet. The advantage of this wallet is that transactions can be made off-blockchain.
- You can pay funds that can be deposited and withdrawn using a bank card, transfer and a range of payment systems. SEPA transfers are available for EU residents.
- Two-factor authentication. All website traffic is encrypted using the SSL cryptographic protocol.
- All wallets keys are protected by AES-256 encryption. Only 2% of her clients' cryptocurrency funds are stored online, and they are insured in case of loss.
- Android and iOS app.
Binance is a crypto-currency exchange founded in 2017. The exchange has gained the trust of the crypto-currency community, mainly due to a strong team of developers who know their stuff very well. In August 2017, one of the most important financiers and influencers in the Chinese online economy, Yi Hee, joined the company. Today, Binance regularly attracts new investors and sponsors for the continuous development and improvement of the platform.
Binance has the largest list of crypto-currencies and is open to working with new coins. Only the most promising crypto-currencies are listed.
Early registration can be attributed to a nice business advantage. The company's main priority is the protection of its operators. Account security is represented by two-factor authentication. This means that to access the account, the user must enter not only a username and password, but also an individual key or code.
In addition to the trading platform, Binance offers additional services that will be of interest to many members of the community. You can find more information about them on the website. This site is rightly considered one of the best crypto-currency exchanges:
- 740 different crypto and fiat pairs, including own token BNB.
- Binance offers competitive trading fees (commissions): 0.1% on each side of the trade, or 0.075% if you are using your Binance tokens (BNB).
- Trust Wallet mobile application.
- Bank transfer, debit/credit cards, various P2P payment channels.
- The exchange launched CryptoSafe Alliance (CSA). This initiative will bring together exchanges, blockchain protocols, cybersecurity experts, and regulatory compliance companies. It is the first comprehensive threat monitoring and protection tool in a decentralized data exchange environment.
- A free app is available in Google Play Store or the App Store.
Kraken is an international crypto-currency exchange, considered one of the largest sources in terms of trading volume on a pair with the euro. The main goal of this site is to make digital currencies accessible and useful for users around the world.
Initially, the exchange offered a limited selection of cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH and LTC) to trade. However, since 2017, when the crypto-currency market showed impressive growth. The trading platform caters to both retail investors and institutional traders. A lot of time has been spent on adding margin, futures and OTC trading, as well as darkpool:
- 8 tokens are available for.
- Transactions under 50,000 units of a particular currency are subject to a commission of 0.16% for the seller and 0.26% for the buyer. For sums over 50,000 units, commissions are reduced to 0.14% and 0.24% respectively.
- No crypto wallet is offered on the site.
- Crypto wallets and money transfers via bank transfer. Deposit/withdrawal via bank cards is not available.
- The exchange offers users two-factor authentication, PGP encryption, and global settings lock, which prevents any account changes within a certain period of time.
- Kraken Pro and Kraken Futures applications.
The crypto-currency exchange Bittrex was founded in 2014 in Seattle, USA. This marketplace is one of the oldest on the Internet and has gained the trust of a large number of users from all over the world. Very often, Bittrex comes in the top positions of crypto-currency exchanges, in terms of daily trading volume. Experts consider Bittrex to be one of the most reliable and best crypto-currency exchanges in the world. And although younger competitors are dividing the market today, Bittrex is confidently pushing back.
The Bittrex development team says that security is its top priority. Bittrex uses a flexible, multi-tiered architecture to store funds. Ninety percent of funds are stored in offline wallets in a secure location. The platform also has tools such as two-factor authentication and other basic default settings. In its entire history, the Bittrex exchange has never been compromised by hackers.
The Bittrex platform is designed to make deposits and withdrawals very quickly. Once a transaction is created, its status is immediately visible in the exchanger's personal account. Users can see the crediting and confirmation process of the transaction in real time.
Another advantage is that Bittrex is set up in such a way that it gives access to crypto-currency trading even to beginners and people with little trading knowledge:
- 250+ trading pairs are available.
- Topping up your euro account is available via SEPA credit transfer, international bank transfer, bank card. Fiat funds withdrawal is possible to a bank account using an international bank transfer, and for euros, a SEPA credit transfer is supported. The withdrawal commission depends on the chosen currency: in bitcoin, it is 0.0005 BTC, in Ethereum - 0.00600000 ETH. The site has a fixed trading fee of 0.25% of the total value of the order.
- No crypto wallet.
- Bank transfers, credit/debit cards.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA), IP check, which requires an email confirmation of entry from a new IP-address, IP whitelists, Cold storage for 80%-90% assets.
- There are two apps for Android and iOS respectively: Bittrex Global and Bittrex.
BitMEX was launched in early 2014 by HDR Global Trading, led by experts with 40 years of experience in high frequency algorithmic trading and finance.
Bitmex is considered a platform for the most experienced players in the market.
The BitMEX platform specializes in P2P trading between pairs of derivative cryptocurrencies and has no direct competitors. All calculations within the site are done in BTC. The tickers of the assets have the usual symbols, except for bitcoin: its unique identifier XBT is in the exchange.
BitMEX allows you to trade on both the long and short side. Users can open both long and short positions. To avoid making calculation mistakes, BitMEX provides a handy calculator in the left corner of the terminal. By indicating the entry and exit point of the crypto currency, the calculator calculates the profit or loss. A very useful tool.
In addition, at BitMEX, you can significantly increase your profits by using margin trading, which allows you to enter into transactions not with your own bitcoins, but with borrowed bitcoins:
- 55 trading pairs.
- BitMEX does not charge any fees for deposits or withdrawals. When withdrawing BTC, a minimum Bitcoin Network commission is applied; commissions for takers are 0.075% of the total order value, while makers are paid an additional 0.025% for each trade.
- Crypto BitMEX wallet.
- Beyond virtual currencies, BitMEX does not accept any other deposits.
- Funds are stored in cold wallets; Two-factor authentication; Registration via SMS notifications; Multi-signature wallets for transactions; Email communications are encrypted using PGP encryption.
- BitMEX Mobile launched in September 2020.
Bitfinex is one of the largest crypto-currency exchanges. Founded in 2012, Bitfinex was one of the first professional platforms to be created in response to the huge interest in crypto-currency trading.
The Hong Kong-based exchange bitfinex.com positions itself as a platform for professionals. It impresses with its variety of trading tools, offers the possibility to create several types of orders, as well as to work with leverage and to sponsor other traders.
You won't find any questionable coins here, there are only about 40 of the most popular and reputable coins on the exchange. Bitfinex is known by its users for its reliability and security.
There are no demo accounts on the exchange. There is a "demo" button on the home page. You can familiarize yourself with the interface before signing up, but you cannot make any transactions with it. Bitfinex offers diverse and complex features, some of which have no analogues:
- Over 140 coins and 300 trading pairs.
- No additional payments for deposits and withdrawals in digital coins. When you deposit USD, you will have to pay a commission of 0.1%, but not less than $20;Minimum fee for withdrawing fiat money is $60; With the minimum currency turnover per month, the trading fee is 0.1% for the maker and 0.2% for the taker.
- Users are offered three wallets to choose from - Exchange Wallet, Margin Wallet, and Financing Wallet.
- In addition to digital currencies, bank transfers and card withdrawals are available to users.
- Only 0.5% of crypto assets are kept online to support daily transactions. The rest of the coins are kept in cold wallets out of the reach of hackers. For these wallets to become available, manual authorization of several members of the management team is required.
LocalBitcoins is a decentralized peer-to-peer exchange specializing in connecting those who sell cryptocurrencies with those who buy them. A distinctive feature of the exchange is the possibility to buy TCMs offline. In this case, a selection of the most suitable offers by territorial location is made for a trader.
When trading on the basis of this site, it is very important to accept that the transactions are made directly, that is, with the counterparty itself, and not on the basis of the exchange. Therefore, it is worth constantly checking your profile to analyze and look for positive customer reviews, history of transactions made, information about the life of the account, the number of traders you have added to the list of fraudulent or target traders.
The advantages include a convenient and clear interface that even a novice trader can understand, the ability to buy TCMs at the expense of the national currency in 248 countries of the world, thanks to the exchange you can find the most reliable and secure counterparty, with which you can work directly in the future:
- The service does not charge a commission from the buyer. For sellers, there is a set commission of 1% on each sale.
- Bank transfers, banking cards, electronic systems.
- The security of the transaction is ensured by the escrow method, which has proven to be highly effective; User accounts are protected by two-factor authentication.
Poloniex crypto currency exchange, founded in 2014 in the United States, remains one of the most popular platforms among traders and investors. It is worth noting that the Poloniex crypto-currency exchange features a beautiful, smooth design, convenient and intuitive interface, which is perfect for both experienced traders and beginners. In addition to traditional cash trading, on Poloniex you will find options (section) for trading on margin, and a section for those who want to lend their money.
According to the announcement of the new owners of the Poloniex exchange, they plan to work on scaling up this business, adding new tokens to the list and integrating fiat currency support.
Previously, to work with the Poloniex exchange, all you had to do was register. Well, to be able to trade on this site, you absolutely have to go through the verification of the exchange. According to the Poloniex team, this was done to prevent fraud on the exchange and to increase the transparency of the company's activities:
- 100+ currency pairs.
- All deposits are allowed without any additional charges; The withdrawal fee is fixed, and it depends on the type of the currency; commissions are from 0 to 0.25%. Maker commission is from 0% to 0.15%; taker commission is from 0.1% to 0.25%. The higher is the volume of completed transactions in one month, the lower is the commission for all subsequently completed transactions.
- Own Wallet.
- Replenishment of an account with a bank card or withdrawal to a card are not available for users of some countries.
- The administration highly recommends adding two-factor authentication to your account.
- Mobile application.
KuCoin was founded in 2017 as a service provider in the crypto-currency market. In recent years, this crypto-currency exchange has become one of the most well-known and therefore most popular. Although Kucoin is a relatively new project in the world of crypto-currency exchanges, its team has already proven to be excellent, and the exchange has been running smoothly since its launch.
This development has been facilitated by a number of factors, including reliable protection of customer accounts from hacking and the introduction of unique systems for earning money with digital currencies.
For beginners, the crypto-currency exchange does not have a bonus for registering an account, nor does it have a demo account, so you will have to try trading with real money right away. Signing up for the Kucoin exchange couldn't be easier. It all starts with entering your email address and choosing a password. You will then receive a confirmation email with further instructions:
- 200+ coins and 450+ trading pairs.
- All deposits are free on the site, and there is a fixed fee for withdrawals; KuCoin offers a flat commission of 0.10%, which is less than the industry average.
- Inner site crypto wallet.
- A variety of payment methods supported by P2P fiat services.
- The exchange offers you the option to set up two-factor authentication by Google Authenticator.
- Mobile application .
Bitpanda is a digital currency investment service launched in 2014 by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Bitpanda is registered in Austria and is headquartered in Vienna. In short, it is a crypto-currency exchange specializing in buying and selling bitcoin and other altcoins in the Eurozone.
The exchange is primarily intended for residents of EU countries. For example, traders from the United States of America will not be able to open an account, pass the verification and use the services of the service.
The show is totally open and does not hide any information about the license and equipment, that's why many people trust it. More than one million people visit the official website of the exchange every day. In addition, it has a quick and easy registration and an absolutely comfortable and intuitive interface:
- Bitcoin, Ethereum and 30+ digital assets.
- The trading commission of the service depends on the type of currency and the nature of the transaction. When buying bitcoins, you pay 1.49%, when selling - 1.29%.
- Commission for replenishment and withdrawal is fixed for each coin and is debited from the account.
- Bitpanda crypto wallet.
- You can make a deposit either by bank transfer, credit cards or electronic payment systems.
- Bitpanda refers to systems that independently manage user wallet keys. Besides, the following security measures are offered: fund cold storage session control. Every login attempt from a new device requires two-factor authentication confirmation, authentication and validation via email.
Coinmama, founded in 2013, has long been the choice of consumers who want to purchase crypto-currencies with a credit/debit card. The company was the first to offer this payment method and quickly became one of the leaders in the segment. The site is accessible to almost everyone and serves 226 countries and most states in the United States.
Coinmama offers a service that is one of the easiest to use. For customers who want to buy bitcoins or Ethereum quickly with a credit/debit card, and don't want to wait a few days for a bank transfer to be made, this site is a good option. Another important advantage is that your currency is not stored on the site, but is immediately transferred to your wallet.
Clients do not complain about the center's work. Most of them emphasize the simplicity, accessibility and functionality of the source:
- The website sells Bitcoin, Ethereum. Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Qtum, Ripple, Ethereum Classic, Cardano, Tezos and EOS.
- The use of credit or debit cards implies a service charge of 5%. Besides, the charges 3.90% for buying coins and 0.9% for selling these.
- No Wallet.
- Credit/debit cards and bank transfers; It supports SEPA and SWIFT payments.
- Coinmama is a reputable company with a secure site using Trust Guard and Comodo technologies. Both services have confirmed that 256-bit SSL encryption is actively used on pages containing personal information.
- Mobile app.
As the demand for bitcoin and other virtual currencies continues to grow, more and more crypto-currency buying/selling platforms are emerging. As the market seeks to streamline and simplify this process, most new services offer convenient peer-to-peer services. In this approach, transactions take place directly between users, with the site acting as an intermediary that manages the process. Paxful is one such platform. Its owners have made sure to offer the most transparent and convenient service.
The exchange was founded in the United States in 2015. Ambitious developers Arthur Shabak and Ray Yousef decided to create a peer-to-peer marketplace where sellers and buyers could connect directly.
Paxful has a highly responsive technical support team that can be reached via email or phone. In addition, an online chat is available on the site for quick communication. The site has no restrictions on user location. Buyers and sellers from all over the world can register and use the services of Paxful :
- Bitcoin and Tether as assets.
- Commissions are applied for crypto selling:0.5% for bank transfers; 1% for bank cards and e-payments; 3-5% for gift cards; No commission is charged for buying cybercurrencies; Paxful will charge a transfer fee for sending funds to an external wallet. $0 - $9.99 = 0.0001 BTC$ 10 - $19.99 = 0.0002 BTC;More than $20 = 0.0005 BTC.
- The Paxful Wallet App makes it easy to store and manage coins with your mobile wallet.
- More than 300 ways to buy coins, including bank transfer, credit and debit cards, PayPal, Western Union, and even Amazon, iTunes or Steam gift cards.
- The security of the system is ensured by two-factor authentication, depositing and the obligatory verification procedure when working with large amounts.
- Paxful Wallet for Android and iOS.
HitBTC confidently ranks among the top crypto-currency exchanges in terms of daily trading volume. And while liquidity is a very important indicator for a trading platform, it is by no means its only advantage.
The trading interface of the HitBTC exchange is not fundamentally different from other exchanges. If you've worked with other sites before, everything will be intuitively obvious. However, it must be said that all the blocks in the trading window are very functional and thought out in great detail. Moreover, you can adjust the positions of all blocks on the screen independently to suit your needs.
The registration process has been simplified to the max, literally one minute or less from the time you first visit the site to the start of the auction. There is verification on HitBTC, but it is optional. As stated on your personal account, the exchange management recommends that you go through the KYC procedure if you plan to make large-scale transactions or withdraw large amounts of cryptocurrencies.
Another feature that sets HitBTC apart from the list of other popular exchanges is the range of crypto-currencies supported by the site. Currently, the exchange offers the ability to trade over 200 tokens and cryptocurrencies. There are coins on the exchange that are not available on other major platforms. This makes the platform unique and offers traders additional liquidity.
The full list of crypto-currencies is traded in pairs with BTC, ETH, USDT, DAI, EOS, TUSD, EURS. And although there is no way to deposit or withdraw fiat money on HitBTC, there are several stablecoins on the platform:
- 800 currency pairs.
- No commissions for deposits and a fixed commission for withdrawals depending on the coin; HitBTC uses a multi-level trading fee calculation system. The more a user trades, the lower his commission will be.
- No crypto wallet.
- The HitBTC exchange can be replenished exclusively with digital currency.
- The platform provides 2-factor authentication, high-end encryption technology and cold storage of funds.
- No application.
Don't forget. Exchanges are dynamic systems in development. The list of services and the conditions of the services may therefore change regularly.