Platforms to invest in cryptocurrencies New Zealand 2021
In recent years, the crypto-currency industry has been growing at a breakneck pace. Numerous blockchain startups are emerging, new crypto-currency funds are being launched, the high volatility of the market is attracting the attention of many traders, and as a result, the list of global crypto-currency exchanges is being regularly updated with more and more new digital asset trading platforms.
Exchanges are becoming financial centers where most of the outstanding crypto-currency funds are concentrated and where there is active interaction between market players. But how do you choose an exchange platform from all this diversity that suits you and won't disappoint you in the future? A brief overview should help you find the right exchange for you.
Created in 2012, Coinbase Exchange is a centralized platform and has a high reliability. The purpose of creating Coinbase was to try to show society that the future belongs to digital assets. The Coinbase platform is designed to work in an international format. To this end, the site has been translated into several foreign languages. The user interface is simple and easy to manage, even for beginners.
The Coinbase exchange is one of the safest places to buy, sell and store crypto-currencies. Most of the exchange users' assets are stored offline. And the data stored online is insured.
Coinbase customers can only have one personal account. Registration and account management are free of charge. As Coinbase exchange is positioned as the most reliable cryptocurrency platform, identity verification is carried out with all necessary precautions. Copies of documents sent by e-mail are not possible. All documents are verified via the Coinbase website or app:
- 23 types of coins.
- The rates charged for all operations under $200 are as follows: $0.99 - $2.99 - for operations from $0 to $200; for over $200, a fixed interest rate comes into play. Its size depends on the payment method.
- Free mobile and online wallet. The advantage of this wallet is that transactions can be made off-blockchain.
- You can pay funds that can be deposited and withdrawn using a bank card, transfer and a range of payment systems. SEPA transfers are available for EU residents.
- Two-factor authentication. All website traffic is encrypted using the SSL cryptographic protocol.
- All wallets keys are protected by AES-256 encryption. Only 2% of her clients' cryptocurrency funds are stored online, and they are insured in case of loss.
- Android and iOS app.
Binance is a crypto-currency exchange established in 2017. The exchange has gained the trust of the crypto-currency community mainly due to a strong team of developers who know their business very well. In August 2017, Yi Hee, one of the leading financiers and most influential people in the Chinese online economy, joined the company. Today, Binance regularly attracts new investors and sponsors for the continuous development and improvement of the platform.
Binance has the largest list of crypto-currencies and is open to cooperation with new coins. Only the most promising crypto-currencies are listed.
Rapid registration is a great advantage for the company. The company's first priority is the protection of its operators. Account security is provided by two-factor authentication. This means that to access the account, the user must not only enter a username and password, but also an individual key or code.
In addition to the trading platform, Binance offers other services that will be of interest to many members of the community. You can find more information about this on the site. This site is rightly considered one of the best crypto-currency exchanges:
- 740 different crypto and fiat pairs, including own token BNB.
- Binance offers competitive trading fees (commissions): 0.1% on each side of the trade, or 0.075% if you are using your Binance tokens (BNB).
- Trust Wallet mobile application.
- Bank transfer, debit/credit cards, various P2P payment channels.
- The exchange launched CryptoSafe Alliance (CSA). This initiative will bring together exchanges, blockchain protocols, cybersecurity experts, and regulatory compliance companies. It is the first comprehensive threat monitoring and protection tool in a decentralized data exchange environment.
- A free app is available in Google Play Store or the App Store.
Kraken is an international crypto-currency exchange, considered one of the largest resources in terms of trading volume on a pair with the euro. The main goal of this site is to make digital currencies accessible and useful to users around the world.
At first, the exchange offered a limited selection of crypto-currencies (BTC, ETH and LTC) for trading. But since 2017, when the crypto-currency market has grown impressively. The trading platform caters to both retail investors and institutional traders. A lot of time has been spent adding margin, futures and OTC trading, as well as dark pool :
- 8 tokens are available.
- Transactions under 50,000 units of a particular currency are subject to a commission of 0.16% for the seller and 0.26% for the buyer. For sums over 50,000 units, commissions are reduced to 0.14% and 0.24% respectively.
- No crypto wallet is offered on the site.
- Crypto wallets and money transfers via bank transfer. Deposit/withdrawal via bank cards is not available.
- The exchange offers users two-factor authentication, PGP encryption, and global settings lock, which prevents any account changes within a certain period of time.
- Kraken Pro and Kraken Futures applications.
The Bittrex cryptocurrency marketplace was established in 2014 in Seattle, USA. This marketplace is one of the oldest on the internet and has gained the trust of a large number of users from all over the world. Bittrex is very often in the top rankings of crypto-currency exchanges in terms of daily trading volume. Experts consider Bittrex to be one of the most reliable and successful crypto-currency exchanges in the world. And although younger competitors are now sharing the market, Bittrex is confidently fending them off.
The Bittrex development team says that security is its top priority. Bittrex uses a flexible, multi-tiered architecture to store funds. Ninety percent of funds are stored in offline wallets in a secure location. The platform also has tools such as two-factor authentication and other basic default settings. The Bittrex exchange has never been attacked by hackers in its history.
The Bittrex platform is designed to make deposits and withdrawals very fast. As soon as the transaction is created, its status is immediately visible on the exchanger's personal account. Users can follow the crediting and confirmation process of the transaction in real time.
Another advantage is that Bittrex is designed to allow beginners and people with little knowledge of trading to get into crypto-currency trading:
- 250+ trading pairs are available.
- Topping up your euro account is available via SEPA credit transfer, international bank transfer, bank card. Fiat funds withdrawal is possible to a bank account using an international bank transfer, and for euros, a SEPA credit transfer is supported. The withdrawal commission depends on the chosen currency: in bitcoin, it is 0.0005 BTC, in Ethereum - 0.00600000 ETH. The site has a fixed trading fee of 0.25% of the total value of the order.
- No crypto wallet.
- Bank transfers, credit/debit cards.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA), IP check, which requires an email confirmation of entry from a new IP-address, IP whitelists, Cold storage for 80%-90% assets.
- There are two apps for Android and iOS respectively: Bittrex Global and Bittrex.
BitMEX was founded in early 2014 by HDR Global Trading, led by experts with 40 years of experience in high-frequency algorithmic trading and finance.
Bitmex is considered a platform for more experienced players in the market.
The BitMEX platform specializes in P2P trading between pairs of crypto-currency derivatives and has no direct competitors. All calculations on this site are done in BTC. The tickers of the assets have the usual symbols, with the exception of bitcoin: its unique identifier XBT is in the stock market.
With BitMEX, you can trade on both the long and short side. Users can open long and short positions. To avoid making mistakes in calculations, BitMEX offers a handy calculator in the left corner of the terminal. By indicating the entry and exit point in the crypto-currency, the calculator calculates the gain or loss. A very handy tool.
In addition, BitMEX allows you to significantly increase your profits by using the margin tool, which allows you to make transactions not with your own bitcoins, but with borrowed bitcoins:
- 55 trading pairs.
- BitMEX does not charge any fees for deposits or withdrawals. When withdrawing BTC, a minimum Bitcoin Network commission is applied; commissions for takers are 0.075% of the total order value, while makers are paid an additional 0.025% for each trade.
- Crypto BitMEX wallet.
- Beyond virtual currencies, BitMEX does not accept any other deposits.
- Funds are stored in cold wallets; Two-factor authentication; Registration via SMS notifications; Multi-signature wallets for transactions; Email communications are encrypted using PGP encryption.
- BitMEX Mobile launched in September 2020.
Bitfinex is one of the largest crypto-currency exchanges. Founded in 2012, Bitfinex was one of the first professional platforms created in response to the great interest in crypto-currency trading.
The Hong Kong stock exchange bitfinex.com positions itself as a platform for professionals. It impresses with its variety of trading tools, offers the possibility of creating several types of orders, as well as leverage and sponsorship of other traders.
You won't find any dubious coins here, there are only about 40 of the most popular and serious coins on the exchange. Bitfinex is recognized by users for its reliability and security.
There is no demo account at the Exchange. There is a "Demo" button on the home page. This allows you to familiarize yourself with the user interface before signing up, but you can't make any trades. Bitfinex offers a variety of complex features, some of which have no equivalent:
- Over 140 coins and 300 trading pairs.
- No additional payments for deposits and withdrawals in digital coins. When you deposit USD, you will have to pay a commission of 0.1%, but not less than $20;Minimum fee for withdrawing fiat money is $60; With the minimum currency turnover per month, the trading fee is 0.1% for the maker and 0.2% for the taker.
- Users are offered three wallets to choose from - Exchange Wallet, Margin Wallet, and Financing Wallet.
- In addition to digital currencies, bank transfers and card withdrawals are available to users.
- Only 0.5% of crypto assets are kept online to support daily transactions. The rest of the coins are kept in cold wallets out of the reach of hackers. For these wallets to become available, manual authorization of several members of the management team is required.
LocalBitcoins is a decentralized peer-to-peer exchange, specializing in connecting those who sell crypto-currencies with those who buy them. One of the special features of the exchange is the possibility to buy TCMs offline. In this case, a selection of the most suitable offers for a trader is made according to the territorial situation.
When trading on the basis of this site, it is very important to accept the fact that transactions are made directly, that is, with the counterparty itself, and not on the basis of the exchange. That's why it's worth constantly checking your profile and looking for and analyzing positive customer reviews, the history of concluded transactions, information on the life of the account, the number of traders who have placed you on the list of crooks or, on the contrary, on the target list.
Advantages include a convenient and clear user interface that even an inexperienced trader can understand, the ability to buy TCMs at local currency rates in 248 countries around the world, through the exchange you can find the most reliable and secure counterparty to work with directly in the future :
- The service does not charge a commission from the buyer. For sellers, there is a set commission of 1% on each sale.
- Bank transfers, banking cards, electronic systems.
- The security of the transaction is ensured by the escrow method, which has proven to be highly effective; User accounts are protected by two-factor authentication.
Founded in 2014 in the United States, the Poloniex crypto-currency exchange remains one of the most popular platforms among traders and investors. It is worth noting that Poloniex crypto currency exchange has a beautiful smooth design, convenient and intuitive interface that is perfect for both experienced traders and beginners. In addition to the traditional cash exchange, on Poloniex you will find options (section) for margin trading as well as a section for those who want to lend their money.
According to the announcement made by the new owners of the Poloniex exchange, they plan to work on scaling this business, adding new tokens to the list and integrating support for fiat currencies.
To be able to work with the Poloniex exchange, all you had to do was register. To be able to trade on this site, you absolutely have to get verified with the exchange. According to the Poloniex team, this was done in order to fight fraud on the exchange and to increase the transparency of the company's activities:
- 100+ currency pairs.
- All deposits are allowed without any additional charges; The withdrawal fee is fixed, and it depends on the type of the currency; commissions are from 0 to 0.25%. Maker commission is from 0% to 0.15%; taker commission is from 0.1% to 0.25%. The higher is the volume of completed transactions in one month, the lower is the commission for all subsequently completed transactions.
- Own Wallet.
- Replenishment of an account with a bank card or withdrawal to a card are not available for users of some countries.
- The administration highly recommends adding two-factor authentication to your account.
- Mobile application.
KuCoin was established in 2017 as a service company in the cryptocurrency market. Over the past few years, this crypto-currency exchange has become one of the most well-known and therefore most popular. Although Kucoin is a relatively new project in the world of crypto-currency exchanges, its team has already proven to be excellent and the exchange has been running smoothly since its launch.
This development has been helped by a number of factors, including reliable protection of customer accounts from hacking and the introduction of unique systems for making money with digital currencies.
For beginners, the cryptocurrency exchange does not offer a bonus for registering an account, not even a demo account, so you should try trading with real money immediately. Registering with the Kucoin exchange is very simple. It all starts with entering your email address and choosing a password. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail with further instructions:
- 200+ coins and 450+ trading pairs.
- All deposits are free on the site, and there is a fixed fee for withdrawals; KuCoin offers a flat commission of 0.10%, which is less than the industry average.
- Inner site crypto wallet.
- A variety of payment methods supported by P2P fiat services.
- The exchange offers you the option to set up two-factor authentication by Google Authenticator.
- Mobile application .
Bitpanda is a digital currency investment service founded in 2014 by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Bitpanda is registered in Austria and has its headquarters in Vienna. In short, it is a crypto-currency exchange specializing in buying and selling bitcoin and other altcoins in the Eurozone.
The exchange is primarily intended for residents of EU countries. For example, traders from the United States of America cannot open an account, pass the verification and use the services of the service.
The exchange is completely open and does not hide any information about the license and equipment, which is why many people trust it. Every day, more than one million people visit the official website of the exchange. In addition, the service offers a quick and easy registration and an absolutely comfortable and intuitive user interface:
- Bitcoin, Ethereum and 30+ digital assets.
- The trading commission of the service depends on the type of currency and the nature of the transaction. When buying bitcoins, you pay 1.49%, when selling - 1.29%.
- Commission for replenishment and withdrawal is fixed for each coin and is debited from the account.
- Bitpanda crypto wallet.
- You can make a deposit either by bank transfer, credit cards or electronic payment systems.
- Bitpanda refers to systems that independently manage user wallet keys. Besides, the following security measures are offered: fund cold storage session control. Every login attempt from a new device requires two-factor authentication confirmation, authentication and validation via email.
Founded in 2013, Coinmama has long been the first choice for consumers who want to purchase crypto-currencies with a credit/debit card. The company was the first to offer this payment method and has quickly become one of the market leaders in this segment. The site is accessible to almost everyone and serves 226 countries and most states in the United States.
Coinmama offers a service that is one of the easiest to use. For customers who want to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum quickly with a credit/debit card and don't want to wait a few days for a bank transfer, this site is a good option. Another important advantage is that your currency is not stored on the site, but transferred immediately to your wallet.
There are no complaints from clients regarding the operation of the exchange. Most of them emphasize the simplicity, accessibility and functionality of the resource:
- The website sells Bitcoin, Ethereum. Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Qtum, Ripple, Ethereum Classic, Cardano, Tezos and EOS.
- The use of credit or debit cards implies a service charge of 5%. Besides, the charges 3.90% for buying coins and 0.9% for selling these.
- No Wallet.
- Credit/debit cards and bank transfers; It supports SEPA and SWIFT payments.
- Coinmama is a reputable company with a secure site using Trust Guard and Comodo technologies. Both services have confirmed that 256-bit SSL encryption is actively used on pages containing personal information.
- Mobile app.
As the demand for bitcoin and other virtual currencies continues to grow, platforms for buying and selling crypto-currencies are multiplying. As the market seeks to streamline and simplify this process, most new services offer convenient peer-to-peer services. In this approach, transactions take place directly between users, with the website acting as an intermediary that regulates the process. Paxful is such a platform. The owners have made sure to offer a service that is as transparent and convenient as possible.
The marketplace was created in the United States in 2015. Ambitious developers Arthur Shabak and Ray Yousef decided to create a peer-to-peer marketplace for sellers and buyers to connect directly.
Paxful has a very responsive technical support that can be contacted by email or phone. In addition, the site has an online chat for quick communication. The site has no restrictions on the location of users. Buyers and sellers from all over the world can register and use the services of Paxful :
- Bitcoin and Tether as assets.
- Commissions are applied for crypto selling:0.5% for bank transfers; 1% for bank cards and e-payments; 3-5% for gift cards; No commission is charged for buying cybercurrencies; Paxful will charge a transfer fee for sending funds to an external wallet. $0 - $9.99 = 0.0001 BTC$ 10 - $19.99 = 0.0002 BTC;More than $20 = 0.0005 BTC.
- The Paxful Wallet App makes it easy to store and manage coins with your mobile wallet.
- More than 300 ways to buy coins, including bank transfer, credit and debit cards, PayPal, Western Union, and even Amazon, iTunes or Steam gift cards.
- The security of the system is ensured by two-factor authentication, depositing and the obligatory verification procedure when working with large amounts.
- Paxful Wallet for Android and iOS.
HitBTC confidently ranks among the top crypto-currency exchanges in terms of daily trading volume. And while liquidity is a very important indicator for a trading platform, it is far from the only advantage of this platform.
The trading interface of the HitBTC exchange is not fundamentally different from other exchanges. If you have worked with other sites, everything will seem intuitively clear. However, it should be said that all the blocks in the trading window are very functional and thought out in great detail. Moreover, you can adjust the positions of all blocks on the screen independently of each other, according to your preferences.
The registration process has been simplified to the max, literally one minute or less separates you from your first visit to the site and the start of the auction. Verification is available on HitBTC, but is optional. As stated in your personal account, the exchange management recommends going through the KYC procedure if you want to make large-scale transactions or withdraw large amounts of crypto-currencies.
Another feature that sets HitBTC apart from other popular exchanges is the number of crypto-currencies supported by the site. Currently, the exchange offers the possibility to trade over 200 tokens and crypto-currencies. There are coins on the exchange that are not available on other major platforms. This makes the platform unique and offers traders additional liquidity.
The full list of crypto-currencies is traded in pairs with BTC, ETH, USDT, DAI, EOS, TUSD, EURS. And although there is no cash deposit or withdrawal facility on HitBTC, several stablecoins are available on the platform:
- 800 currency pairs.
- No commissions for deposits and a fixed commission for withdrawals depending on the coin; HitBTC uses a multi-level trading fee calculation system. The more a user trades, the lower his commission will be.
- No crypto wallet.
- The HitBTC exchange can be replenished exclusively with digital currency.
- The platform provides 2-factor authentication, high-end encryption technology and cold storage of funds.
- No application.
Keep in mind. Exchanges are dynamic systems that are constantly changing. Therefore, the list of services and the terms of services may change regularly.