Where to buy cryptocurrencies New Zealand 2021
In recent years, the cryptocurrency industry has been growing at a rapid pace. Many blockchain companies are emerging, new cryptocurrency funds are emerging, the high volatility of the market is attracting the attention of many traders, and as a result, the list of global cryptocurrency exchanges is regularly being supplemented by more and more digital asset trading platforms.
Exchanges are becoming the financial centers where most of the cryptocurrency money in circulation is concentrated and where there is active interaction between market participants. But how, among all this diversity, can you choose a trading platform that is suitable for you and in which you will not be disappointed in the future? This brief overview should help you make your decision about a trade.
Founded in 2012, Coinbase Exchange is a centralized platform and has a high reliability rate. The goal of Coinbase's founding was to try to prove to the public that the future belongs to digital equity. The Coinbase platform was designed to function in an international format. To this end, the website has been translated into several foreign languages. The user interface is simple and uncomplicated, even for beginners.
The Coinbase exchange is one of the safest places to buy, sell, and store cryptocurrencies. Most of the exchange users' funds are stored offline. And funds stored online are insured.
Coinbase customers can only have one personal account. Account registration and administration are free of charge. As Coinbase positions itself as the most trusted cryptocurrency platform, identity verification is done with all necessary precautions. Emailed copies of documents are not an option. All documents are verified via the Coinbase website or app:
- 23 types of coins.
- The rates charged for all operations under $200 are as follows: $0.99 - $2.99 - for operations from $0 to $200; for over $200, a fixed interest rate comes into play. Its size depends on the payment method.
- Free mobile and online wallet. The advantage of this wallet is that transactions can be made off-blockchain.
- You can pay funds that can be deposited and withdrawn using a bank card, transfer and a range of payment systems. SEPA transfers are available for EU residents.
- Two-factor authentication. All website traffic is encrypted using the SSL cryptographic protocol.
- All wallets keys are protected by AES-256 encryption. Only 2% of her clients' cryptocurrency funds are stored online, and they are insured in case of loss.
- Android and iOS app.
Binance is a cryptocurrency exchange founded in 2017. The exchange has gained the trust of the cryptocurrency community, mainly due to its strong team of developers, who are very familiar with their craft. In August 2017, one of China's leading financiers and most influential people in the online economy, Yi Hee, joined the company. Today, Binance regularly recruits new investors and financiers to continuously develop and improve the platform.
Binance has the most comprehensive list of cryptocurrencies and is open to working with new coins. Only the most promising cryptocurrencies are listed.
Quick registration can be seen as a nice advantage for the company. The company's top priority is the protection of its merchants. Account security is ensured through two-factor authentication. This means that the user must provide not only a username and password to access the account, but also an individual key or code.
In addition to the trading platform, Binance offers other services that will interest many members of the community. You can learn more about them on the website. The website is rightly considered one of the best cryptocurrency exchanges:
- 740 different crypto and fiat pairs, including own token BNB.
- Binance offers competitive trading fees (commissions): 0.1% on each side of the trade, or 0.075% if you are using your Binance tokens (BNB).
- Trust Wallet mobile application.
- Bank transfer, debit/credit cards, various P2P payment channels.
- The exchange launched CryptoSafe Alliance (CSA). This initiative will bring together exchanges, blockchain protocols, cybersecurity experts, and regulatory compliance companies. It is the first comprehensive threat monitoring and protection tool in a decentralized data exchange environment.
- A free app is available in Google Play Store or the App Store.
Kraken is an international cryptocurrency exchange that is considered one of the largest resources in terms of trading volume along with the euro. The main goal of this website is to make digital currencies accessible and useful to users around the world.
Initially, the exchange offered only a modest selection of cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, and LTC) for trading. But since 2017, the cryptocurrency market has experienced impressive growth. The trading platform is aimed at both retail investors and institutional traders. Much time has been spent on adding margin, futures and OTC trading, as well as for the dark common background:
- 8 tokens are available.
- Transactions under 50,000 units of a particular currency are subject to a commission of 0.16% for the seller and 0.26% for the buyer. For sums over 50,000 units, commissions are reduced to 0.14% and 0.24% respectively.
- No crypto wallet is offered on the site.
- Crypto wallets and money transfers via bank transfer. Deposit/withdrawal via bank cards is not available.
- The exchange offers users two-factor authentication, PGP encryption, and global settings lock, which prevents any account changes within a certain period of time.
- Kraken Pro and Kraken Futures applications.
Bittrex cryptocurrency exchange was founded in 2014 in Seattle, USA. This marketplace is one of the oldest on the Internet and has gained the trust of a large number of users around the world. Very often, Bittrex falls into the first position of cryptocurrency exchanges in terms of daily trading volume. Experts call Bittrex one of the most reliable and best cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. And while younger competitors are now dividing the market between them, Bittrex is probably pushing them aside.
The Bittrex development team states that security is their top priority. Bittrex uses a flexible multi-tier architecture for storing funds. 90% of the funds are stored in offline wallets in a secure location. The platform also has tools such as two-factor authentication and other basic default settings. In its entire history, the Bittrex exchange has never been attacked by hackers.
The Bittrex platform is designed to make deposits and withdrawals very quickly. Once a transaction is created, you can immediately see its status in your personal foreign exchange account. Users can follow the process of crediting and confirming transactions in real time.
Another advantage is that Bittrex is designed so that beginners and those with little trading knowledge can also have access to cryptocurrency trading:
- 250+ trading pairs are available.
- Topping up your euro account is available via SEPA credit transfer, international bank transfer, bank card. Fiat funds withdrawal is possible to a bank account using an international bank transfer, and for euros, a SEPA credit transfer is supported. The withdrawal commission depends on the chosen currency: in bitcoin, it is 0.0005 BTC, in Ethereum - 0.00600000 ETH. The site has a fixed trading fee of 0.25% of the total value of the order.
- No crypto wallet.
- Bank transfers, credit/debit cards.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA), IP check, which requires an email confirmation of entry from a new IP-address, IP whitelists, Cold storage for 80%-90% assets.
- There are two apps for Android and iOS respectively: Bittrex Global and Bittrex.
BitMEX was launched in early 2014 by HDR Global Trading, which is run by experts with 40 years of experience in high frequency finance and algorithmic trading.
Bitmex is considered a platform for the more experienced market participants.
The BitMEX platform specializes in peer-to-peer P2P trading of cryptocurrency derivatives and has no direct competition. All calculations within the site are done in BTC. The tickers of the assets have the usual symbols, except Bitcoin - its unique identifier XBT can be found on the exchange.
BitMEX allows you to trade both up and down. Users can open both long and short positions. To avoid calculation errors, BitMEX offers a handy calculator in the left corner of the terminal. By specifying the entry and exit points of the cryptocurrency, the calculator will calculate the profit or loss. A very handy tool.
In addition, BitMEX allows you to significantly increase your profits with a margin tool that allows you to complete transactions using borrowed Bitcoins instead of your own:
- 55 trading pairs.
- BitMEX does not charge any fees for deposits or withdrawals. When withdrawing BTC, a minimum Bitcoin Network commission is applied; commissions for takers are 0.075% of the total order value, while makers are paid an additional 0.025% for each trade.
- Crypto BitMEX wallet.
- Beyond virtual currencies, BitMEX does not accept any other deposits.
- Funds are stored in cold wallets; Two-factor authentication; Registration via SMS notifications; Multi-signature wallets for transactions; Email communications are encrypted using PGP encryption.
- BitMEX Mobile launched in September 2020.
Bitfinex is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges. Bitfinex was founded in 2012 and was one of the first professional platforms created in response to the great interest in cryptocurrency trading.
Hong Kong-based Bitfinex.com positions itself as a platform for professionals. It impresses with a variety of trading tools, offers the ability to create multiple order types, leverage and sponsor other traders.
You will not find any suspicious currencies here, there are only about 40 of the most popular and reputable currencies on the exchange. Bitfinex is known among users for its reliability and security.
There are no demo accounts on the exchange. There is a "Demo" button on the home page. It allows you to familiarize yourself with the user interface before registering, but it does not allow you to perform any transactions. Bitfinex offers diverse and complex features, some of which have no equivalent:
- Over 140 coins and 300 trading pairs.
- No additional payments for deposits and withdrawals in digital coins. When you deposit USD, you will have to pay a commission of 0.1%, but not less than $20;Minimum fee for withdrawing fiat money is $60; With the minimum currency turnover per month, the trading fee is 0.1% for the maker and 0.2% for the taker.
- Users are offered three wallets to choose from - Exchange Wallet, Margin Wallet, and Financing Wallet.
- In addition to digital currencies, bank transfers and card withdrawals are available to users.
- Only 0.5% of crypto assets are kept online to support daily transactions. The rest of the coins are kept in cold wallets out of the reach of hackers. For these wallets to become available, manual authorization of several members of the management team is required.
LocalBitcoins is a decentralized peer-to-peer exchange specializing in connecting sellers and buyers of cryptocurrencies. A special feature of the exchange is the possibility to buy TCM offline. In this case, the selection of the most suitable offers for the merchant is made according to territorial location.
When working on this website, it is very important to accept the fact that transactions are conducted directly, that is, with the counterparty itself, and not on the basis of an exchange. Therefore, it is advisable to constantly check your profile to analyze and look for positive customer feedback, the history of transactions performed, information about the life of the account, the number of traders who have put it on the fraudsters' list or, on the contrary, on the whitelist.
The advantages include a convenient and clear user interface that even an inexperienced trader can understand, the possibility to buy ERM at the local currency price in 248 countries around the world, thanks to the exchange you can find the most reliable and secure counterparty with which you can cooperate directly in the future:
- The service does not charge a commission from the buyer. For sellers, there is a set commission of 1% on each sale.
- Bank transfers, banking cards, electronic systems.
- The security of the transaction is ensured by the escrow method, which has proven to be highly effective; User accounts are protected by two-factor authentication.
Founded in 2014 in the United States, the Poloniex cryptocurrency exchange remains one of the most popular platforms among traders and investors. It should be noted that Poloniex cryptocurrency exchange has a beautiful smooth design, a comfortable and intuitive interface that is ideal for both experienced and novice traders. In addition to the traditional spot exchange, on Poloniex you will also find options (range) for margin trading, as well as a section for those who wish to borrow your money.
According to the new owners of the Poloniex exchange, they intend to work on scaling this business by adding new tokens to the offering and integrating support for fiat currencies.
In order to work with the Poloniex exchange, all you had to do was sign up. Now, in order to trade on the site, you must necessarily go through the exchange verification process. According to the Poloniex team, this was done to combat exchange fraud and increase the transparency of the company's operations:
- 100+ currency pairs.
- All deposits are allowed without any additional charges; The withdrawal fee is fixed, and it depends on the type of the currency; commissions are from 0 to 0.25%. Maker commission is from 0% to 0.15%; taker commission is from 0.1% to 0.25%. The higher is the volume of completed transactions in one month, the lower is the commission for all subsequently completed transactions.
- Own Wallet.
- Replenishment of an account with a bank card or withdrawal to a card are not available for users of some countries.
- The administration highly recommends adding two-factor authentication to your account.
- Mobile application.
KuCoin was founded in 2017 as a service provider in the cryptocurrency market. In recent years, this cryptocurrency exchange has become one of the most well-known and therefore most popular exchanges. Although Kucoin is a relatively new project in the world of cryptocurrency exchanges, its team has already proven to be excellent, and the exchange has run smoothly since its launch.
Several factors have favored this, including the reliable protection of customer accounts from hacker attacks and the introduction of unique systems for making money from digital currencies.
For beginners, the cryptocurrency exchange does not offer any bonuses for account registration, nor does it offer a demo account, so you should try trading with real money immediately. Registration on the Kucoin exchange is as simple as it gets. It all starts by entering your email address and choosing a password. You will then receive a confirmation email with further instructions:
- 200+ coins and 450+ trading pairs.
- All deposits are free on the site, and there is a fixed fee for withdrawals; KuCoin offers a flat commission of 0.10%, which is less than the industry average.
- Inner site crypto wallet.
- A variety of payment methods supported by P2P fiat services.
- The exchange offers you the option to set up two-factor authentication by Google Authenticator.
- Mobile application .
Bitpanda is a digital currency investment service founded in 2014 by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Bitpanda is registered in Austria and is based in Vienna. In short, it is a cryptocurrency exchange that specializes in buying and selling bitcoin and other altcoins in the eurozone.
The exchange is primarily aimed at residents of EU countries. Traders from the United States, for example, cannot open an account, pass verification, or use the service.
The exchange is completely open and does not hide any information about the license or the team, which is why many people trust it. Every day more than a million people visit the official website of the exchange. In addition, the website offers simple and fast registration and an absolutely comfortable and intuitive user interface:
- Bitcoin, Ethereum and 30+ digital assets.
- The trading commission of the service depends on the type of currency and the nature of the transaction. When buying bitcoins, you pay 1.49%, when selling - 1.29%.
- Commission for replenishment and withdrawal is fixed for each coin and is debited from the account.
- Bitpanda crypto wallet.
- You can make a deposit either by bank transfer, credit cards or electronic payment systems.
- Bitpanda refers to systems that independently manage user wallet keys. Besides, the following security measures are offered: fund cold storage session control. Every login attempt from a new device requires two-factor authentication confirmation, authentication and validation via email.
Founded in 2013, Coinmama has long been the first choice for consumers wishing to purchase cryptocurrencies via credit/debit card. The company was the first to offer this payment method and has quickly become one of the market leaders in this segment. The site is available to almost everyone and serves 226 countries and most US states.
Coinmama offers a service that is one of the easiest to use. For customers who want to buy Bitcoin or Ethereum quickly with a credit/debit card and do not want to wait several days for a bank transfer, this website is a good choice. Another important advantage: your currency is not stored on the website, but immediately transferred to your wallet.
There are no complaints among customers about the work of the exchange. Most praise the simplicity, accessibility, and functionality of the resources:
- The website sells Bitcoin, Ethereum. Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Qtum, Ripple, Ethereum Classic, Cardano, Tezos and EOS.
- The use of credit or debit cards implies a service charge of 5%. Besides, the charges 3.90% for buying coins and 0.9% for selling these.
- No Wallet.
- Credit/debit cards and bank transfers; It supports SEPA and SWIFT payments.
- Coinmama is a reputable company with a secure site using Trust Guard and Comodo technologies. Both services have confirmed that 256-bit SSL encryption is actively used on pages containing personal information.
- Mobile app.
As the demand for Bitcoins and other virtual currencies continues to grow, more and more cryptocurrency buying/selling platforms are emerging. The market is looking to streamline and simplify the process. This is why most of the new sites offer convenient peer-to-peer services. In this approach, transactions are made directly between users, with the website acting as an intermediary that regulates the process. Paxful is one such platform. The owners have ensured that the service is as transparent and convenient as possible.
The exchange was founded in the United States in 2015. Ambitious developers Arthur Shabak and Ray Yousef set out to create a peer-to-peer marketplace that allows sellers and buyers to connect directly.
Paxful has a very responsive technical support, which you can get by email or phone. The site also has an online chat room for quick communication. The site has no restrictions on the location of users. Buyers and sellers from all over the world can register and use Paxful's services:
- Bitcoin and Tether as assets.
- Commissions are applied for crypto selling:0.5% for bank transfers; 1% for bank cards and e-payments; 3-5% for gift cards; No commission is charged for buying cybercurrencies; Paxful will charge a transfer fee for sending funds to an external wallet. $0 - $9.99 = 0.0001 BTC$ 10 - $19.99 = 0.0002 BTC;More than $20 = 0.0005 BTC.
- The Paxful Wallet App makes it easy to store and manage coins with your mobile wallet.
- More than 300 ways to buy coins, including bank transfer, credit and debit cards, PayPal, Western Union, and even Amazon, iTunes or Steam gift cards.
- The security of the system is ensured by two-factor authentication, depositing and the obligatory verification procedure when working with large amounts.
- Paxful Wallet for Android and iOS.
HitBTC is confidently among the TOP cryptocurrency exchanges in terms of daily trading volume. And while liquidity is a very important indicator for a trading platform, it is definitely not the only advantage of such a platform.
The trading interface of the HitBTC exchange is not fundamentally different from other exchanges. If you have worked with other sites before, everything will be intuitively clear to you. However, it must be said that all blocks in the trading window are very functional and well thought out down to the smallest detail. In addition, you can adjust the positions of all blocks on the screen yourself, if necessary.
The registration process is as streamlined as possible, literally a minute or less separates you from your first visit to the site to the start of the auction. There is a verification at HitBTC, but it is optional. As stated in your personal account, the exchange management recommends that you go through the KYC process if you want to trade in bulk or withdraw large amounts of cryptocurrencies.
Another feature that distinguishes HitBTC from other popular exchanges is the number of cryptocurrencies supported by the site. Today, the exchange offers the possibility to exchange over 200 tokens and cryptocurrencies. The exchange features coins that are not available on other higher platforms. This makes the platform unique and offers investors additional liquidity.
The entire list of cryptocurrencies is traded in pairs with BTC, ETH, USDT, DAI, EOS, TUSD, EURS. And while there is no way to deposit or withdraw fiat money on HitBTC, there are several stablecoins on the platform:
- 800 currency pairs.
- No commissions for deposits and a fixed commission for withdrawals depending on the coin; HitBTC uses a multi-level trading fee calculation system. The more a user trades, the lower his commission will be.
- No crypto wallet.
- The HitBTC exchange can be replenished exclusively with digital currency.
- The platform provides 2-factor authentication, high-end encryption technology and cold storage of funds.
- No application.
Remember! Stock exchanges are dynamic systems and therefore the list of services and their conditions can change regularly.